Most treasured item?

Philly Steve

Okay, I'll get this started.

One of my favorite items is a 3-by-5 foot poster of

SS Norway, given to me by the travel agent who booked our very first cruise. Given Norway's status, the framed piece that features a 3-quarter view of the ship with a palm tree in the foreground and the words "The Biggest Week in the World" at the top, is even more special to me.

Mine would be..... the photo album that I make of each cruise vacation. It not only includes photos....but also' date=' itineraries, key cards, etc.... :)[/quote']

Scrapbooks are great!!!! I love to get them out just before cruising, just to get the juices flowing (although we don't really need any help there!).:)

I am also a scrapbooker, so my most treasured item from our last cruise - right now is the box of stuff on my scrapbooking table that I am working on. The finished scrapbook will be priceless and I even take photos of the pages in case I need recreate them at another time... or at least try to.

I am also a scrapbooker, so my most treasured item from our last cruise - right now is the box of stuff on my scrapbooking table that I am working on. The finished scrapbook will be priceless and I even take photos of the pages in case I need recreate them at another time... or at least try to.

Just curious. Do you buy empty scrapbooks during your cruise or do you make up the binder from scratch? We have a hodge-podge of both! :)

I purchase items from the company that I represent... I am a rubber stamper.... :) I work in 12x12 format. And because I am pretty picky about my pages, I only work on them when I get a chance to spend more than a couple of hours working... which is why I will forever be behind. hee hee

hi, do any of you have links to your cruise scrapbooking pages. I would love to see. I am a fairly new scrapbooker and going on my first cruise in sept. Would love to see what you have done. I have checked out a couple of scrapbook websites also.

I am going to try to attach some to this email and see what happens...

OK - that didn't work, files are too large and I just don't have time to make them smaller. Here is where you can find some of them online:

4 pages are located here:

http://*****.com/cojeb

One page of my 2-page San Diego spread is here at the very bottom of the page:

http://*****.com/an3pj

My Gala Buffet Page is here - the last sample:

http://*****.com/bbwus

Enjoy!

In May, 2001, I was on a cruise with my family. Unbeknownst to us at the time, this was only a few months before my mother's death. I had been talking about the silver bead necklaces I'd seen and wanted to get in Mexico. Well, my mother suprised me at dinner the night we'd been in Cozumel with a beautiful silver bead necklace! I'd bought earrings for myself that day that matched beautifully. :D

When DH and I planned our December 2004 trip to Mexico on the Sensation, I said the only thing I wanted to buy was a pendant for the necklace. I found exactly what I wanted - a large pendant with a lapis lazuli stone - in of all places, Calica! I bought it right off the ship at the pier before we took the cab into Playa.

The necklace and pendant will remain my most cherished cruising momento for the rest of my life! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My scrapbook is also my fav. I don't have any downloaded/scanned pix however. My favorite page is when we did the Atlantis Submarine excursion. I made a submarine and used the pictures to be the portholes of the sub...it turned out cute!

Here is the link to one of my cruise scrapbooks. You cannot read the journaling. But I loved looking at OV911's; so I posted this one. The original is 12x12. scanned into photoshop; merged both parts; reduce resolution to 72dpi.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/calcteach1/my_photos

I have more coming. Just need to get moving!

On our only cruise with my mother on the Starward she got my wife a gold charm in Martinique. Ever since them we have gotten a charm to commerate each cruise and add to the bracelet. The bracelet is filling up and will have to probably add a second chain to it soon.

The other is on our first Panama Canal cruise we were wandering around the airport stores and came across a beanie baby frog named "Panama". It told my wife we need to take him to Panama with us. So every cruise since we have stopped in the airport to select a beanie baby to accompany us on the cruise.

Snorkeling! It has become a wonderful hobby for my entire family. I had never snorkeled prior to going on my 1st cruise in 95, & now my I,wife, & my girls all have our own gear & we go whenever & wherever we can! There is nothing like just floating along looking at all the wonders in the water below

SNORKLLER.gif.0ac02347ee1a19aa21091d7bb2cb2c5f.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite item is the new logo Cunard House Flag that Captain Wright gave to me on our last cruise on Queen Mary 2 last November. The flag was one that had flown over QM2 during our cruise. Very special!

Ed

My favorite item is the new logo Cunard House Flag that Captain Wright gave to me on our last cruise on Queen Mary 2 last November. The flag was one that had flown over QM2 during our cruise. Very special!

Ed

What an honor! It's good to know the captain!!

I found a very light weight back pack type bag in the virgin islands made out of parachute material! It folds into practically nothing and is ready for all of your shopping treasures , cammeras etc. and washable. I use it everywear we go!

• 3 weeks later...

Well in addition to the 'normal' items from a cruise, pictures, t-shirts, etc, I kept the beads from when I had my hair braided in Nassau, they are in a small glass container on my desk at home. Everytime I look at them I remember my boyfriend and I looking at my hair and giggling like little kids.

I loved all your treasured cruise items. I would have to agree that our Cruise Scrapbooks ( some still in the making ) are some of the most treasured, and then probably the piece of jewerly that my Financee gets for me on every cruise.

• 2 months later...

Archived