Most treasured item?

Philly Steve

I'm a scrapper too (I am supposed to have a page coming out in the next Paperkuts WOOHOO) but I just do pages for the kids for some reason. Lots of material there. From my cruises it is photos. There is always one that the ships photographer manages to snap that gets me looking relaxed and happy or gets my husband looking handsome and happy, that brings back the memories perfectly every single time.

Having just taken my first cruise, I got pins at each port we stopped in to begin a pin collection. (I would have preferred to collect beautiful jewelry but pins were more in my budget!) I'm also a scrapbooker, and brought large zip lok bags with me to keep my memorabilia (post cards, brochures, tickets etc) organized by each day of the cruise.

I'm also a scrapbooker, and brought large zip lok bags with me to keep my memorabilia (post cards, brochures, tickets etc) organized by each day of the cruise.

I'm a new scrapbooker and am about to go on my 2nd cruise and I love the idea of having a large ziploc bag for each day. Thanks for the tip!icon14.gif

:)

On our recent cruise on the Pride, I tried to get raffle tickets in every store, went to about anything onboard that offered a raffle......and told my husband that my new nickname should be "close but no cigar" because twice a pulled number at the art auctions was only ONE digit off from mine.

At our port stop at Mazatlan, I was doing the usual raffle thing....and there was a noon drawing in Diamonds International, which we made sure to be present for. OF COURSE, no luck.....then when I was walking back to where my husband was standing, he said "Here, you WON the raffle" and handed me some money. He said the look on my face when I lost (well, I never expected really to win, considering the odds, but you never know) was priceless, like a little forlorn kid.

The "raffle winnings" using the money he gave me: a beautiful Ammolite ring.

Now I think I really "won the raffle" when I MET my husband.....and this ring is just precious to me and will be forever......

• 2 weeks later...

OV911lady I'm really enjoying looking at your scrapbook pages. Great job! I just may have to scraplift a bit. I'm still working on my cruise album from the Carnival Glory last Jan. and we are sailing on RCCL Legend of the Seas on Dec. 3. I better get moving. I love putting all my memrobelia in my album.

Kathy in Maine

:)

On our recent cruise on the Pride, I tried to get raffle tickets in every store, went to about anything onboard that offered a raffle......and told my husband that my new nickname should be "close but no cigar" because twice a pulled number at the art auctions was only ONE digit off from mine.

At our port stop at Mazatlan, I was doing the usual raffle thing....and there was a noon drawing in Diamonds International, which we made sure to be present for. OF COURSE, no luck.....then when I was walking back to where my husband was standing, he said "Here, you WON the raffle" and handed me some money. He said the look on my face when I lost (well, I never expected really to win, considering the odds, but you never know) was priceless, like a little forlorn kid.

The "raffle winnings" using the money he gave me: a beautiful Ammolite ring.

Now I think I really "won the raffle" when I MET my husband.....and this ring is just precious to me and will be forever......

Awwww..that's sweet. Congrats on BOTH your 'wins'

• 4 weeks later...

Its not from a cruise I took....

A breakfast menu dated Sept 14, 1932 from the RMS Olympic. Yes the sister to the Titanic. I found it at a transportation swap meet about 20 years ago.....and since my birthday is Sept 14, it has even more meaning.

Second favorite item I have is from my second cruise....a cocktail class with the TSS Fairwind engraved.....it is so special....

My most prized possession would have to be the oynx chess set I bought in Costa Maya. I got it down from $135 asking price to $25. I don't know if he was a bigger scammer or I was a bigger barginner(sp?).

Of course, the 385 pictures I took were a pretty good possession also.

• 7 months later...
Here is the link to one of my cruise scrapbooks. You cannot read the journaling. But I loved looking at OV911's; so I posted this one. The original is 12x12. scanned into photoshop; merged both parts; reduce resolution to 72dpi.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/calcteach1/my_photos

I have more coming. Just need to get moving!

Thank you for sharing . Your Album was a delight to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

One of my most prized cruise memorabilia is a large limoge gold rim serving plate I received as a gift from Home Lines while doing a winter 1979 sailing. It's a Renoir and it is just beautiful. Have never seen it mentioned here or anywhere for that matter! Have no idea how many were made or given out.. Would love to know!

I guess not???

My most charished item is my sand collection!!! I know I know, shame on me, what an illegal person. Well that doesn't change my mind!! I brought them (sand & water) from each beach, home in baby bottles (they are liquid proof) and transfered them over to glass spice jars when we got home. I love them, I have my own 5 private beaches, with shells and all...they make a great addtion to my desk!! :) I can't wait for the next cruise!! Of course pictures and videos are a close second!!!

TexasGreeneyes.......shame on you!!!!:D I never thought of that but what a treasure huh??!! ;)

Too funny....what was your favorite keepsake???

:o I have to admit, it is not original:

Did you ever see the commercial for Disneyworld that had a Mom, a preschooler, and an infant in an elevator? The preschooler was going on and on about how much fun she had at Disneyworld the previous year.

She then proudly told the man riding in the elevator with them that the baby was her brother, but that "Mommy calls him her little souvenir". :D Made me laugh out loud when I saw it!

As for my favorite keepsake, I've only been on one cruise so far, but I am a scrapper, so I would have to say the cruise pages I have created.

(DH and I are past the point in our lives where we might create our own little souvenir.) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite souveneir is Stephen Card's book "The Spotless Fleet" that I bought and had signed by him and Capt Scott on the Noordam inaugural cruise - followed by my Noordam Inaugural plate...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh, yes. One more thing. The Diamond Intrrnational Charm Bracelet. A lot of people don't know you can go "online" and get the entire bracelet, with all the charms. I is really nice, not expensive, and saves years of hassle trying to collect the charms all over the world. I "is" a real treasure.

My most treasured item is a T-Shirt I bought in February 1998 while on the Windjammer Fantome. It is white with a picture of the Fantome on the front. It was that next October that the Fantome went down during Hurricane Mitch with the Captain and about 30 crew members.

The shirt is now put away for safe keeping.

Archived