Alaska Questions - Please Help

LovesCruising

Everyone keeps telling you that Glacier Bay is a must - and I agree. BUT we found Hubbard Glacier something that was so awe inspiring we will never forget it. It's a good thing, as though we have tried to visit again, we could not go clear up to the face of the glacier. The Captain felt there was too much ice in the water for him to feel it was safe. So, we are booked again this year to see if we can make it, and also have a 2013 booked which includes Hubbard Glacier, just in case. Someday I'm going to get there again!

Everyone has a different ship they prefer, but we would pick Island or Coral any day. The Island was the first Princess ship we sailed on, and we loved her and that cruise. We were on the Coral, in Alaska, in a suite, having breakfast in Sabatini's a couple of years ago. As we ate, a whale swam right outside our window - and Sabatini's is low, so we were very close. Another sight I will never forget.

We made the mistake of booking a suite for our first cruise. It was a mistake, because we were so spoiled we have only booked a mini-suite once since. It's a suite or nothing for us! If it's in your budget, I recommend it!

Whatever you choose, have a great time. Alaska is something you will never forget.

Everyone keeps telling you that Glacier Bay is a must - and I agree. BUT we found Hubbard Glacier something that was so awe inspiring we will never forget it. It's a good thing, as though we have tried to visit again, we could not go clear up to the face of the glacier. The Captain felt there was too much ice in the water for him to feel it was safe. So, we are booked again this year to see if we can make it, and also have a 2013 booked which includes Hubbard Glacier, just in case. Someday I'm going to get there again!

Everyone has a different ship they prefer, but we would pick Island or Coral any day. The Island was the first Princess ship we sailed on, and we loved her and that cruise. We were on the Coral, in Alaska, in a suite, having breakfast in Sabatini's a couple of years ago. As we ate, a whale swam right outside our window - and Sabatini's is low, so we were very close. Another sight I will never forget.

We made the mistake of booking a suite for our first cruise. It was a mistake, because we were so spoiled we have only booked a mini-suite once since. It's a suite or nothing for us! If it's in your budget, I recommend it!

Whatever you choose, have a great time. Alaska is something you will never forget.

Thank you so much - this itinerary includes both Glacier Bay and Hubbard - one of the main reasons I choose it as I am unsure we will ever get back to Alaska again (unless Hubby falls in love - he is a warm weather person)

Our last several cruises have been in full suites so IDK what we will do as this is our first Princess cruise - I don't think I could do without a balcony however:)

So many decisions to make!

Archived