Cabin service

wilson2579

Yes you can buy drink for in the cabin. Only proviso though would be if the cruise you are going on goes outside the EU. We once did a 3 nighter and could not buy drink for the cabin (in case that looks bad-we were on an 18nighter straight afer b 2 b )

I did a round Britain last August on the Bamoral and bought a bottle of whisky for the cabin. There was an order form in the cabin just filled it in and it arrived the next day.

John

did you do a round Britain that stopped anywhere else-we did one and the ship stopped in Amsterdam!!! work that one out...

I know when we did our 2 nighter we requested bottles for the cabin and were informed that they were not able to do....

My Round Britain trip last August was St. Peter Port, Holyhead, Dublin, Greenock, Tobermoray, Scrabster, Harwich.

I had a bottle of "Famous Grouse" - actually I think I may have ordered a second bottle half way round :)

Order forms were in the cabin - just filled it in and the bottle appeared.

John

My Round Britain trip last August was St. Peter Port, Holyhead, Dublin, Greenock, Tobermoray, Scrabster, Harwich.

I had a bottle of "Famous Grouse" - actually I think I may have ordered a second bottle half way round :)

Order forms were in the cabin - just filled it in and the bottle appeared.

John

You were able to do this because the cruise included a destination outside the EU - St. Peter Port.

The Channel Islands are not part of the EU and that is why a number of cruises now include them in their itinerary. Also why a number of cruises to the Western Med. include a stop in North Africa.

Alan

I think there is a difference between buying spirits to drink on board only - and buying it to take home. The order forms in the cabin make it clear.

Yes there is a second order form. There was an opportunity to buy a day or so before disembarkation at a lower price than the normal cabin charge.

The price I paid for the whisky in the cabin was competitive but wasn't discounted. The disembarkation offer which much have been the Channel Islands effect was quite a bit lower.

John

Archived