What is your favorite Princess mixed drink?

Cruzin-K

But I generally have a Chairman of the Board martini every day before dinner (and maybe after too...)

6021657237_d1d410eac0_z.jpg

Chairman of the Board martini by RickEk, on Flickr

6991552185_f880251e7c_z.jpg

Ultimate Bloody Mary by RickEk, on Flickr

LOVE those Chairman of the Board Martinis - always good for a savory taste before dinner. The cucumber ones work too. But after dinner when it's show or nightcap time - then a sweet martini like Toasted Almond or Chocolate Mint really work!!:D:D

And don't forget wine with dinner!! It seems like my alcohol consumption really goes up on vacation!!!:eek:

After reading this thread I am all set to try the toasted almond martini and the tiramisu martini!:D

Probably the Beverly Hills ice tea too...:)

Hmm and a hacienda martini...;)

I think my drink card is going to fill up rather quickly :p come April 7th!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, well the Chocolate Banana and Dirty Banana are on my list :)

Had this on a previous Disney cruise a couple years ago, can't remember the name of the drink, but the bartender wrote down these ingredients:

Frangelico

Galliano

Absolute Vanilla

Baileys

Crème de Cacao

Anyone know if Princess has a drink with these ingredients? It was the BEST mixed drink and I would love to know if Princess has something like it.

~~Thanks, Tracey

Sounds yummy. Not too much with Galliano these days. Harvey Wallbangers used to be delicious. It would be great if Princess has a similar drink. Bet they could make you one if you asked. Was it served like a martini?

When we get on board our first and favourite drink is a glass or two of bubbly Korbel. After that I love the 24kt Rita and DH likes a long island iced tea with a Lynchburg lemonade coming in a close second !

Gator - No, it was actually served in a tall glass, like the blood Mary pictured above. Didn't discover the drink until 1/2 way through the cruise, but had one EVERY day until we disembarked :) VERY smooth - very, very smooth !!!

~~Tracey

I discovered Long Island Iced Tea while on the Diamond this month. Only $5.50. There was an article earlier this week with the mixed drinks with the fewest calories. It was on the list. :)

Pam

I got excited when I read your post so I googled it. (I've been drinking Seabreezes for that reason for years and it turns out they really are relatively low calorie.)

10 Highest-Calorie Drinks

1. Long Island Iced Tea

Serving Size: ~ 7 oz..

Calories: up to 780 :eek:

Ingredients: 1 part rum, 1 part gin, 1 part triple sec, 1.5 parts sweet and sour mix, splash of coke

If you’ve never tried a Long Island Iced Tea before, let’s get one thing straight: there is no actual tea in this. Absolutely none. Long Islands seem like a good idea for anyone who wants one drink to last them for a long while. What’s more, with up to 780 calories per glass, it’s kind of like you’re ordering a meal, too! But by no means should you skip dinner if you’re enticed by this cocktail. Long Island Iced Teas typically contain about three shots of alcohol, so make sure to have a nice dinner with your friends before going out.

http://www.hercampus.com/health/food-nutrition/10-highest-lowest-calorie-drinks-watch-out-over-spring-break

Long Islands should have a shot of vodka, rum, gin, tequila and triple sec or Cointreau. You figure each shot is approx 90 calories, give or take. Add the Rose's Lime juice or sour mixer and a splash of coke and it is lots of calories. (if made the proper way) Darn good, though. :)

Pam

I got excited when I read your post so I googled it. (I've been drinking Seabreezes for that reason for years and it turns out they really are relatively low calorie.)

10 Highest-Calorie Drinks

1. Long Island Iced Tea

Serving Size: ~ 7 oz..

Calories: up to 780 :eek:

Ingredients: 1 part rum, 1 part gin, 1 part triple sec, 1.5 parts sweet and sour mix, splash of coke

If you’ve never tried a Long Island Iced Tea before, let’s get one thing straight: there is no actual tea in this. Absolutely none. Long Islands seem like a good idea for anyone who wants one drink to last them for a long while. What’s more, with up to 780 calories per glass, it’s kind of like you’re ordering a meal, too! But by no means should you skip dinner if you’re enticed by this cocktail. Long Island Iced Teas typically contain about three shots of alcohol, so make sure to have a nice dinner with your friends before going out.

http://www.hercampus.com/health/food-nutrition/10-highest-lowest-calorie-drinks-watch-out-over-spring-break

Thanks for the link.....very interesting:eek::eek:

I can't remember the name, BUT I know it was on the list of drinks... It was soemthing LIke a Raspberry refresher???? It had Smashed Raspberries, Raspberry Barardi (I think) And 7up. Really light and REALLY yummy!

I think this is the Raspberry Fizz - my favorite.

I haven't sail Princess since 2009, is it still available? It's so light and refreshing. I can drink way too many.

Husband and I are keeping a ketogenic diet (very low carb) and eventhough we drink nothing more than an occasional glass of wine at home, we discovered that (vodka) martinis are pretty low carb and low cal. We decided to check out the Crooner's martini bar each evening before dinner and tried a different one each day. My favorite one had Frangelico (hazelnut) swirled at the bottom of the martini glass. I cannot remember what it's name was. We had a lot of fun trying the many options and loved all the pretty colors the drinks made. :D

You people are evil! ;) All this talk about these incredible drinks, and I'm not sailing for months! So many choices now. Am going to look for the cards in Crooners for the recipes. Happy sailing, all!

Am going to look for the cards in Crooners for the recipes. Happy sailing, all!

Maybe someone onboard can go to Croners then post the recipes, we can mix them at home and watch the bridgecam while we wait to sail :D