caribbean princess in august

diat68

need some help, please - thinking of going on caribbean princess in august - but am wondering if it will be suitable for us. We are a couple - 60 years old - and wonder if there will be any of our age group on this ship, or being as it is school holidays whether it will be all young families with children and teenagers.

We dont want to feel out of place.

I don't think you'll feel out of place, but you will find more families and middle-agers than you would when school is in session. Princess tends to attract a fairly broad range of ages, and I''ve heard it even tries to limit the number of kids on cruises. We frequently see young families traveling with grandparents, so you won't be the only 60-year-olds on the ship.

Thanks for your help on this - been panicking a bit over the weekend, but think I'll stick with the CB in August - I really can't start sorting out and making alternative arrangements all over again! As long as there are mixed ages, we won't feel out of place.

regards, diane

Hi diat68

We are sailing on 13 August for 2 weeks, not sure which date in August your thinking of. We are a couple aged 49 with a 19 yr old daughter who is sometimes in a wheelchair as she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (had it for 5 years). We are flying to Miami on Wed 10th for a few days before the cruise. I would imagine that this time of year would be a mixed age group, but I think this is nicer and looking foward to a great cruise. What dates are you thinking of?

Gill, Stuart and Louise

While we are not sailing the CB till October I don't think you need to worry. We are also 60ish..one over one under:D and we have always found a wide variety of ages on every cruise we have taken. The last cruise we took...we had tablemates who were in their 80's and had been married for 64 years and this was their FIRST cruise...they were a delight..the cruise is what you make of it yourself..have fun..it's the only way to go...

hi - thanks for your reply. Would you believe at my age I have to take UK school hols! I work at Eton college, so don't have any alternative if we want a 2 week cruise to go july/august.

Hope you enjoy your cruise in october.

Archived