Star - any advice?

NJfoodie

This is our 3rd NCL cruise, and our first on the Star. I didn't see a lot about the ship on the boards so far so any advice for this ship? Not to miss meal/food, best spot for sailaway, best place for peace and quiet, etc. We've found quiet outdoor spaces on past ships that are pretty much unknown to most of the passengers, usually at the front of the ship with an exit from a hallway of staterooms. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Love the Biergarten for sail away. That's where we have always met our Roll Call group. Deck 13 forward elevator, then look for the staircase. That's also a nice place to hang out, where you come out onto the deck.

The library is nice and quiet, deck 12 forward.

The restaurant (Moderno) on deck 8 over looking the atrium, half of it is empty during the day, nice views.

We love the Star!

I'll echo the comments about being on the bow about 2 hrs after leaving Tampa, going under that bridge is something else :). We found the kids pool hot tub to be empty most evenings after super, although we were there with out kids there were often other childless couples there with us, avoiding the crowded main pool area. Plus there is a great view of the ship's wake from this spot.

My only suggestion is that if you order room service on a day where the ship tenders to shore, order it for about an hour before you need it.

We had a great time on the Star as well. I was also nervous because I read some not so flattering reviews. Those folks must be nit picky because we had an awesome time.

I thought the mushroom soup at LeBistro was one of the best things I ate the whole trip. We also liked Ginza so much we went there twice!! It was never crowded and I'm not sure why because the food was FANTASTIC!!

My review with pics can be reached via the link in my signature if you are interested. Be sure you come back and tell us how you liked her.

I would echo the other comments and say we loved the Star. Don't miss going under the Skyway bridge approx 2 hours after sailing... it is spectacular, especially if you are forward of the hot tubs. They are forward and up some stairs from the Biergarten. And the Biergarten is a great place to watch Sailaways and Sunsets.

Restaurants we enjoyed were Versailles, Ginza Asian and the Sushi Bar, La Cucina Italian, Le Bistro French. You can view sample menus for several restaurants from the NCL website. You don't need reservations for any restaurant EXCEPT Teppanyaki, which was sold out every night at prime times.

Bars: there was a really good live band in Spinnakers, and the solo guitar player in the Pub was good. The White Hot party on the pool deck is fun, and the pool band is also good.

Shows: don't miss the Acrobats, and the Elements.

For other discussions, use the search engine on the NCL forum and just type Star .

Love the Biergarten for sail away. That's where we have always met our Roll Call group. Deck 13 forward elevator, then look for the staircase. That's also a nice place to hang out, where you come out onto the deck.

The library is nice and quiet, deck 12 forward.

The restaurant (Moderno) on deck 8 over looking the atrium, half of it is empty during the day, nice views.

We love the Star!

Does the Biergarten have food available? Cost and hours? We will be sailing the Star on Deck 12 and that would be very easy for a quick snack.

Archived