Gadgets ready for the cruise on Valor!

Universe93B

Getting the gadgets ready for the March 25 Valor cruise! 5 days left!

The new iPad, Nikon D7000, Garmin 62s handheld GPS for tracking our own location, and a Inova X5 LED flashlight with lithium batteries for emergencies! You guys take any other high-tech stuff on the ship?

cruisegadgets.jpg

I'm taking my iPad, iPhone, digital camera, and kindle. The kindle for outside reading (better in sunlight and less expensive to replace if it gets wet or sand in it). I've also got the connector to upload my pics from the camera to the iPad

I'm taking my iPad, iPhone, digital camera, and kindle. The kindle for outside reading (better in sunlight and less expensive to replace if it gets wet or sand in it). I've also got the connector to upload my pics from the camera to the iPad

Your carry-on must look exactly like mine! Same list. :D

I bought a waterproof bag/case for the Kindle last year so I don't have to worry about water or sand. Now if I fall asleep :D (that's what I'm calling it) and it falls onto the beach it will be OK

Looks like everyone has a tablet these days with them on all the decks! Good idea on the flashlight, you never know when there is an emergency, and its so compact to carry. LED is the way to go, along with Lithium batteries b/c they have a long shelf life and can take extreme temperatures.

I took the Jawbone Jambox with me too....It's a great portable speaker that wirelessly plays your songs from your iPod/iPhone/mp3 player. Small box, big sound. Made my "Cruising" playlist and listened on the balcony. I take it on all vacations with me - I don't leave home without it :D

just a question to all of the people that have both a ipad and a kindle fire

i recently sold my ipad2 thinking there were going the be a big difference between the 2 and the 2HD (apparently there isnt). my question is how satisfied are you guys with your kindle fire? Do you feel as if it is a decent replacement for the ipad 2 (granted it does not have a camera) i dont need my tablet to have a camera i have a dslr and a camera Phone. i am looking to purchase a new tablet to take on my next cruise. and have been seriously considering the kindle fire. but i really did love my ipad2.

for refrence i am a 25 yr old male and will mainly use it to consume media such as web browsing "when connected to wifi" watching movies, reading books, and playing games. i also do photography work so it would be cool to have my photos on a tablet that i can show my work to people ......

just a question to all of the people that have both a ipad and a kindle fire

i recently sold my ipad2 thinking there were going the be a big difference between the 2 and the 2HD (apparently there isnt). my question is how satisfied are you guys with your kindle fire? Do you feel as if it is a decent replacement for the ipad 2 (granted it does not have a camera) i dont need my tablet to have a camera i have a dslr and a camera Phone. i am looking to purchase a new tablet to take on my next cruise. and have been seriously considering the kindle fire. but i really did love my ipad2.

for refrence i am a 25 yr old male and will mainly use it to consume media such as web browsing "when connected to wifi" watching movies, reading books, and playing games. i also do photography work so it would be cool to have my photos on a tablet that i can show my work to people ......

I have an ipad2, iPad3 and a kindle fire. Although the improvement with the new iPad is not that many features, the Retina display almost makes it worth it.

Not just for graphics, but even the text is sooo much sharper. This makes reading magazines and books very nice and clean. If you only want to read and Internet, the kindle fire is fine. But much slower, and the screen is not as responsive either.

Archived