NOS Cozumel experience

Maeshel

Just return and review posted. I found Cozumel a unique and enjoyable shopping experience.

My first purchase was Silver Turquoise bracelet for my wife. They started off at $149, I got them down to $100 and whipped out the credit card. "Don't you have cash?" "I don't know if I had that much, but do have $90." Wanted to get it for $80, but settled for $90. Don't know if I got ripped or not.

Second purchase. Two shot glasses and two Cuban Cigars. Very interesting transaction. First thing they gave me a shot of Tequila . The total came to 99. I asked if that was cents. No it was dollars.

I asked for the prices of the items. The cigars where $38 each. No way. I told them I would choke on each puff. "AH Amigo have another shot of Tequilla." Price came down. "You are still bending me over." Another offer. "Have another shot Amigo." Was some smooth Tequila. Don't really like Tequila, but this was really good. More battering and a few more shots. They came down to $40 and threw in the 3rd cigar. All total I think I had 5 shots of the man's Tequila.

In the Caymens, the price was pretty well set.

Haggling is probably a way in Mexico. Are there other Caribbean Islands where haggleing over price is common? We will be doing a different Caribbean cruise next year.

Just about everywhere but Cayman you can haggle. How were the cigars?:confused:

Not much of a cigar smoler, but they were the smoothest I have ever had. My son loves to haggle and would love Cozumel. Going on a cruise in 2013 with him. Will have to stick with him if they haggle in Jamaica. Maybe I'll pick up so pointers.:rolleyes:

Archived