Marina Concierge Lounges

Frivolous

Doing our first trip on Marina. Can anyone tell me what exactly the concierge lounges have to offer?

A couple of computer terminals, a couch and chairs and a TV, a coffee/hot chocolate/tea macine that also makes capuchinos, a deli server that's kept full of fresh breakfast pastries and later samll luncheon or tea sandwiches, a convenience store-style cooler with sodas, juices and other soft drinks, magazines, and a concierge on duty at various times. The food section is very handy if, like we were last year, quite near the lounge (we were in 9026, only about 6' to 8' from the entrance to the lounge). the concierge may be of some help in things like reservations, but we preferred going to the reservations desk on deck 5. As far as I was concerned, the primary thing the concierge was good for was if there were any minor problems in the cabin.

We'll be in a concierge cabin on Riviera's Maiden Voyage, but it's one of the 6 concierge cabins squeezed in among the penthouses on Deck 11, so I doubt I'll ever make a special trip to the concierge lounge on Deck 9 for anything. Instead, I bet I'll be able to sneak into the Executive lounge on Deck 11 if I need anything, which is doubtful ;).

I would add that they have some daily newspapers that can be read in the lounge. Our experience was similar, handy to pick up something and take to the cabin but we did not find the services of the concierge very worthwhile.

Doing our first trip on Marina. Can anyone tell me what exactly the concierge lounges have to offer?

225544.jpg

The Congierge Lounge is a smallish, windowless room, enterable from either of the passageways on Deck 9. This Lounge never closes.

064447.jpg064503.jpg

Here, you will find continuously stocked refrigerators offering the soft-drinks and bottled water which are now an integral part of the Oceania Experience, as well as a food counter, the offerings of which will morph from breakfast muffins through late night canapes as the day progresses. Self service espresso and cappuccino are always available

064519.jpg

Settees and club chairs surround what must be a sixty inch flat-screen TV, and newspapers and magazines are distributed continuously.

050115.jpg

Three or four computer stations dot the room, all of which have access to a common printer, and an additional Concierge is on duty from morning until early evening to assist passengers with all manner of things, from shore excursions to Specialty Restaurant Reservations and everything else in between.

On some Cruises, the Concierge Lounge can assume a very Social atmosphere, with passengers congregating (some in their Oceania bathrobes) to play cards, chat or to watch a popular television show in each others company. We enjoyed it very much, and I think that you will too!

This last cruise our cabin was on 9 so we made use of the lounge My DH was ready in the morning B4 I was and would go get coffee and bring it back whle I got ready. It was quicker than room service for us plus I could have a cappucino if I wanted it. We also grabbed water from there B4 leaving the ship since it was refrigerated versus the usually warm bottles at the gangway. We also stopped in on occasion when we happened to be in our cabin when the attendant wanted to make up the room.

On our previous cruise in March we were on deck 9 and never went to the lounge as it wasn't convenient. Enjoy your cruise.

It is nice to have the Concierge Lounge which has the amenities mentioned and pictured above. It is convenient for most Concierge staterooms, and we found it to have all the little goodies to make your stay comfy. It was a nice addition to O.

225544.jpg

The Congierge Lounge is a smallish, windowless room, enterable from either of the passageways on Deck 9. This Lounge never closes.

064447.jpg064503.jpg

Here, you will find continuously stocked refrigerators offering the soft-drinks and bottled water which are now an integral part of the Oceania Experience, as well as a food counter, the offerings of which will morph from breakfast muffins through late night canapes as the day progresses. Self service espresso and cappuccino are always available

064519.jpg

Settees and club chairs surround what must be a sixty inch flat-screen TV, and newspapers and magazines are distributed continuously.

050115.jpg

Three or four computer stations dot the room, all of which have access to a common printer, and an additional Concierge is on duty from morning until early evening to assist passengers with all manner of things, from shore excursions to Specialty Restaurant Reservations and everything else in between.

On some Cruises, the Concierge Lounge can assume a very Social atmosphere, with passengers congregating (some in their Oceania bathrobes) to play cards, chat or to watch a popular television show in each others company. We enjoyed it very much, and I think that you will too!

Looks a lot like the Neptune Lounges on HAL - Always a nice place to stop off for a cookie or tea after a long day ashore...

...or a place to get cash before going ashore.

Looking forward to see how Oceania does it.

:)

You cannot get cash in the lounge, only at Reception and only certain currencies.

On our Marina cruise we found the lounge very underused and the concierge there said he was not very busy.

I just learned that I would actually be in Executive lounge - I assume they are comparable? Can one get cash there?

I really couldn't understand why people were even in there, I certainly didn't want to "lounge" in that windowless room. Food of any kind was the last thing I wanted between meals. I did use one of the computer terminals one day, but I preferred to use the ones in the computer room. There were always people in there, I will say that.

It is nice to have the Concierge Lounge which has the amenities mentioned and pictured above. It is convenient for most Concierge staterooms, and we found it to have all the little goodies to make your stay comfy. It was a nice addition to O.

We also enjoyed the Concierge Lounge and used it every morning to pick up our coffee and juice & to read the newspapers. A few evenings, after the show, we met new found friends there for a late night coffee.

Just loved the homey relaxed atmosphere.

Bring an old hat and a nose harp with you. I always find that when I play Mr. Bojangles continuously, that Oceania cruisers will generously fill my hat with cash on the proviso that I stop.

That may just about cover my entire fare...

;)

Archived