Formal Night

Nurty730

I will be going on my first cruise in less than 2 weeks :D :D and there is 1 formal night. My question is, how formal is formal? Do I have to wear a dress or would a nice skirt and top be enough?

Thanks for your help

Jennifer

Opinions will be all over the place as will the dress of the passangers. Personally I wouldn't feel right in a skirt & blouse but if you're comfortable . . .

Thank you for your response.

I'll keep that in mind. I still have time to look for a nice dress.

Thanks again,

Jennifer

Mostly you're going to find women wearing long dresses or evening pants (think palazzo pants) with sparkly tops or very dressy dinner suits with beading. Formal isn't a skirt and blouse, and it really isn't just a dress that you would wear to church on Sunday, it's really more fancy than that.

Mostly you're going to find women wearing long dresses or evening pants (think palazzo pants) with sparkly tops or very dressy dinner suits with beading. Formal isn't a skirt and blouse, and it really isn't just a dress that you would wear to church on Sunday, it's really more fancy than that.

Thank you for your response.

When I referred to purchasing a nice dress, I meant something dressy not a dress I would wear to church on Sunday. I apologize for not being more specific.

Jennifer

Jennifer, although it's not really formal, think "the little black dress", which is appropriate for most any social occasion. You can dress it up with pearls or other jewelry. You'll see everything from church dresses (I agree, not appropriate) to floor-length sequined gowns.:)

Jennifer, although it's not really formal, think "the little black dress", which is appropriate for most any social occasion. You can dress it up with pearls or other jewelry. You'll see everything from church dresses (I agree, not appropriate) to floor-length sequined gowns.:)

Thank you for your reply.

I decided last night that I would be shopping for, of all things, "a little black dress." Like you said it is appropriate for most any social occasion.

Thank you again,

Jennifer

Nurty,

Formal is formal, but then it depends on the cruise line too. We've done both Celebrity and Carnival. On Carnival you will still see formal, but I think a lesser form of formal might be more acceptable compared to Celebrity, where formal stays formal, no lesser dressed people. You can always opt for the casual dining room and skip formal night.

Archived