Allure:Central Park View or Ocean View? What would you do?

I can see the perks of a balcony - - but there is more to it than the view. I had my last RCI balcony ruined by smoking. If I am cruising with RCI, I will never get a balcony until they change their policy about smoking on the balconies. You asked why - for me this is why.

Yes, This is a concern if you are sensitive. DH and I have never been terribly bothered by this on our balcony other than occassional whiff, but my DD has asthma, so we booked she and her sister in a Boardwalk balcony across the hall. They are excited that they will have a balcony to enjoy on the busy boardwalk and not have to suffer with any smoke. For our cruise it was the same price as our D8 ocean view balcony:eek: so we didn't do it to save money on their cabin, but just to avoid the smoke and enjoy another venue on the ship.

To the OP, I think you have to decide what works with your budget...there are so many amazing places to enjoy the ocean and other "outdoor" venues on these ships that you can enjoy and they aren't crowded, so you will have a great cruise even without a balcony! If you get an interior cabin on 11 or 12, there is a public deck to the aft which is rarely used. It has loungers and chairs, a view of the wake and the aquatheater. You won't even need to take the stairs just walk straight back there!

Just off the Allure the 25th and we had a balcony over the park cafe on deck 11 and loved every minute of it. Most nights while getting ready for dinner--a bagpiper played down in the park and we could open the door and hear the music being played around the pool area. Worth every penny. We sit and read each night before retiring--loved the ALLURE.

I am planning on sailing on the the Allure in March 2013. For the same price I can book an oceanview (deck 3) or a Central Park View (deck 9). What would you do? I enjoy seeing the ocean, but have read that Central Park is really nice too. I have never been on the Allure and am having a hard time deciding.

Thanks!

I did Central Park on Oasis September 2011. It was nice but you cannot leave your drapes open. The rooms across the way can see in your room. Doing Allure December 2012 and I booked ocean balcony.

Familygoboston - don't mean to hijack this but would you please send me your planning spreadsheet that has become so famous! My email is debstrek@aol.com

Thanks for your help!

Deb :)

Wow...it's famous? I had no idea:eek: I'm working tomorrow, but I wil try to get it out to you when I get a minute!

Is either of these cabins going to have a balcony, or are they strictly ocean/Central Park "views"? I would definitley take a Central Park Balcony over an oceanview without balcony. Most past cruises we had a balcony and enjoy having the added space. We have a Central Park Balcony reserved on Allure. Really looking forward to trying this new concept since our use of the balcony has been disrupted by chain smokers that made it impossible to sit outside on some past cruises. That won't be an issue overlooking Central Park.

As others have said, you can book an oceanview on any other ship, but a Central Park view room is quite rare. Plus an oceanview doesn't offer much to look at once the sun goes down.

I am planning on sailing on the the Allure in March 2013. For the same price I can book an oceanview (deck 3) or a Central Park View (deck 9). What would you do? I enjoy seeing the ocean, but have read that Central Park is really nice too. I have never been on the Allure and am having a hard time deciding.

Thanks!

Oceanview for sure!!

You're cruising, so presumably, you like the sea/ocean and being on it? A Central Park view is no different than staying in an extremely small holiday in express hotel room. The ship itself is already a suburban shopping mall, atleast have a view that's not of one as well.;)

Archived