Can Balconies still open between cabins?

Depends on the ship. On Oasis/Allure, the dividers are made to be opened. On some of the other ships, they are bolted into place and cannot be opened.

The problem on ships where the dividers can't be "locked" into an open position is damage, to either a passenger or the ship!

Does anyone know if the Mariner can accommodate opening the balcony dividers? We are leaving this weekend and booked three staterooms side by side with other family members for this purpose. We will be disappointed if we can't. I know we were able to do this on the Freedom last year.

We were on Mariner last year - and yes - we´ve got the dividers opened.... but..... it took 3 or 4 days for our steward to get the permit. For us it was worth the request - it was a 13 night cruise.

But I was very sorry for our steward - because we didn´t know that it was so difficult for him.

On other ships we asked - someone came with a wrench or four square key - and done.... never such a problem...

Wendy

I was advised recently that this is the policy fleetwide now -

Balcony/Veranda partitions

UPDATED 01-06-12

Royal Caribbean International: Royal Caribbean International does not offer the option of having the balcony partitions opened or removed.

I'm sorry to say that we are unable to open the partitions between balconies for guest use. The ability to open the partitions varies from ship to ship. Ships that are equipped with hinged partitions may only be opened for cleaning and maintenance purposes. Outside of the cleaning or maintenance, we are unable to keep them in the open position due to having no locking mechanism - thus creating a safety concern.

Archived