Celebrity Cruises - Silhouette - June 24th Venice - Venice!!

Luke916

Hey there! We are a gay couple here traveling on the Silhouette from Venice to Venice... wondering if any other gay couples, lesbian couples or any gay singles will be on this cruise? Have been to this area once before but would like to meet other gay couples also traveling to the Mediterranean...we are in our early 40s and like to explore the areas on our own! Get back to us and lets see if we can meet up!

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

Just saw your post. Yes, my husband and I will be on the Silhouette from Venice on June 24. We've taken this similar cruise before on the Solstice and it was amazing. We booked Aqua Class because the BLU restaurant is so fantastic. Really looking forward to this cruise. We've signed up for a few of the excursions but will mostly do the ports on our own. In Sicily we hired our own driver which we have done before and are going to Siracusa for the day. Much less $$$ than going through Celebrity.

See you on board!

Cheers,

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Luke,

Just saw your post. Yes, my husband and I will be on the Silhouette from Venice on June 24. We've taken this similar cruise before on the Solstice and it was amazing. We booked Aqua Class because the BLU restaurant is so fantastic. Really looking forward to this cruise. We've signed up for a few of the excursions but will mostly do the ports on our own. In Sicily we hired our own driver which we have done before and are going to Siracusa for the day. Much less $$$ than going through Celebrity.

See you on board!

Cheers,

Phil

Hey Phil

Great to hear there will be other gay couples on board! We also have booked Aqua class too, but have never gone that route before...we did concierge last time we were in the Med, but they upgraded us to Aqua...hopefully it will be cool!

We are doing a lot of the ports on our own too, we are a little adventurous trying things on our own too! So where are you guys from? We're from NJ outside of Philly. We have been cruising pretty much every summer since 2003 and just really enjoy it. Do u think there will be "FOD" on board? We can't seem to remember if they had those meetings last time we did Celebrity. I don't check this every day and actually had been lax for a bit...so sorry I am getting back to you after a bit, but hopefully we can meet up for a drink or something. By the way I am Jamey (Luke is middle name) and my husband's name is Marc. Look forward to hearing back from ya's!

Hi Jamey,

You will LOVE Aqua-Class, especially eating in Blu.The food in BLU is fantastic and the service is the best. Best cruise experience ever and we take a lot of cruises. I am really looking forward to this cruise!

We are originally from NJ (Basking Ridge) but moved to San Diego in 2005. Yes, Celebrity has FOD but we usually don't go as the times usually don't work out.

I think we have booked 3 excursions and the rest we will do on our own. We've been to several of these ports before so we know where to go and what to see.

I don't always check this post so email me directly at philc128@gmail.com and let's definitely meet up!

Phil

Archived