which beaches have some of the best seashells to collect?

kahliasmom

I will be in Jamaica in April. I love collecting seashells. Buying them from someone is not the same. They need to be ones I have found. Can anyone tell me which beaches have seashells to collect? Are they easy to find on most beaches or just certain ones? Thank you.

Wow, ok well this is a totally new question I havent seen on here before lol. From falmouth, the place I'd suggest is a bit of a drive tho, probably around 2hrs (reggae beach), you'd probably find the best seashells there.

Besides that, I know there are some beaches nearish falmouth, but Ive never been there so dont know if they do or dont have nice shells.

If you cant get any info on those, I guess Doctors Cave beach would probably be your next best bet.

Thanks so much. I've seen your posts before and was hoping you would reply being that you are from Jamaica. Glad to come up with someting different to ask. I love having reminders of the beach throughout my house. I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

I've come across reggae beach in my research. I'll have to look it up again. I want to enjoy the beach but would also like to take in some sights as well, being my first trip to Jamaica. Does Doctor's Cave have seashells also? Thank you.

I've come across reggae beach in my research. I'll have to look it up again. I want to enjoy the beach but would also like to take in some sights as well, being my first trip to Jamaica. Does Doctor's Cave have seashells also? Thank you.

It should, granted I havent been there in ages, but It should.

Reggae beach would be a nice way to see the island as well as relax a bit on the beach. But again, it''ll be a longish drive.

ACTUALLY, if you're fine with the long drive, screw ochi and mobay (doctors cave)..... go to negril!!! You'll find shells there easily as well as an amazing 7mile beach. Can relax at marguritaville the day. It'll be about 2hrs drive again however tho.

Archived