Room Category for family of 4?

mkleblanc

Hi- I'm trying to look at prices for a future cruise with my family. There will be 2 adults and 2 children age 8 and 10. I keep trying to pick staterooms on the Carnival website but each one I select (oceanview and balcony) states there is a restriction and can't accommodate 4 people. Do you have to book a suite for a family of 4??

I thought I was getting that same message, but it was a message warning me that if we reduced the number of passengers in the cabin the fare rate would change.

Advisory

1230: The stateroom category selected has an occupancy restriction. Changes in occupancy may result in a change in fare.; 1066: This stateroom includes a trundle bed.(73"x29")

I booked a balcony for our group of 5.

I think you get the warning message when you are booking online rooms that are for more than two. I was doing a mock booking for 3 and took it one step further and selected the room and got a warning message. If you are booking for 4 and you change the number to say 2 or 3 then it would change the fare.

So I think the message makes sense (You wouldn't get the message if you were booking for 2 because typically 2 in a room)

This is my guess but a PVP can really help you best :D

Hi- I'm trying to look at prices for a future cruise with my family. There will be 2 adults and 2 children age 8 and 10. I keep trying to pick staterooms on the Carnival website but each one I select (oceanview and balcony) states there is a restriction and can't accommodate 4 people. Do you have to book a suite for a family of 4??

On our cruise last summer we booked 2 adjoining interior rooms. It worked out perfect, 2 kids in one and my wife and I in the other. Having the extra space and two bathrooms was great. We did the same for our next cruise...19 days!!!!!

Thanks everyone. I was getting that warning message. I'm just doing some mock bookings to see pricing etc for now. I'm still trying to convince DH of this trip since we just got off the Glory 10 days ago!!

Archived