Lifeboats - enough to hold everyone DAWN

dishealth11

Surprise....the sharks are in the water..are lifeboats shark-proof?

From RCCL boards: For those who may be interested in further post-cruise developments, this was in our newspaper this morning:

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr...UVFeXk2Njg0OTc2

what a shame!

You need to figure out how to post complete links. Use the hperlink button above.

As a crew member with NCL for about the last 5 years I am very familiar with the lifeboat regulations (since we have to review the Solas codes and be retested everytime we go to a new ship). There are more spaces in the lifeboats than there are passengers on the ship even at its fullest capacity. The life rafts vary in size and entrance means but most are large and are generally only used for crew.

There are a couple reasons people are told to assemble in certain areas of the ship and not go directly to the lifeboats. One is to help keep some order and not have 2400 scared and frantic people running all over the ship trying to find their boats, if they all meet in a common area they can have their life jackets checked and then led as a group to their respective lifeboat in an orderly manner. Another is because as crew are told numerous times, the ship is your best life boat. Only after the captain has made the decision that the ship poses a significant danger to those on it, wether from sinking or fire etc, will he give the order to get pax into the boats and off the ship. Hopefully for everyone that won't happen.

Appreciate your returning some sanity to a serious subject that many passengers have concerns about. Most of us visit this site to get cruise information. If we want humor, we can go to the comedy channel.

Appreciate your returning some sanity to a serious subject that many passengers have concerns about. Most of us visit this site to get cruise information. If we want humor, we can go to the comedy channel.

Ouch, you really put us in our place.

Personally I would never visit a internet board, take a vacation, work in a profession or choose to spend time with people who are devoid of humor.

If laughing with others or at myself puts my sanity in question, so be it.:rolleyes:

OMG:eek: Insane?? Levity is needed on these boards IMHO. This question has been answered. Nothing wrong with a little laughing, especially at our own expense. If we were making fun of others, that is another story.

Lighten up, teacher:D Enjoy your day.

Susie, Can I join you at the Martini Bar? That may be a funner place to be:D

Archived