Might have to cancel....

....my cruise next weekend. Although I do intend to call RCI customer service for an answer tomorrow, I was hoping to get a response from someone here with personal experience. If I cancel the cruise, does my cabin-mate (an old friend of mine) have to pay anything additional to go on her own since I've paid for my share (and will not be reimbursed)?

Thanks...

Michele

No your roommate will be fine. You already paid for that cabin. You might want to see if it is too late for her to bring someone in your place by doing a name change. I don't know if a week is enough time but I will bet it is.

Unfortunately, I won't know until as late as Thursday whether or not I'll be able to make it.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease though - I would've paid whatever upcharge there was to make sure my friend could still go. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it.....we've been friends for 43 years, and only get to see each other once a year on a cruise......

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can go!!

Michele

I didn't take insurance....we live right here in Miami, and besides our 7+ day cruise vacations (we do take insurance on the more expensive cruises), we're fortunate to be able to take many 3-day cruises throughout the year. (The Port of Miami is 15 minutes away - we can leave work at 3:00 on Friday, and are back at work by 9:00 on Monday.) We figured out the cost of taking insurance on each one of them versus the cost of having to cancel one or two of them (which we haven't had to do yet), and it comes out cheaper to just not take the insurance and lose the cost of the short cruise.

Still hoping I can go on Friday!! This not-knowing is 'killing' me.

Michele

Archived