Excursions - How soon is too soon?

hannahsmomtoo

We are booked on the Breeze on June 3rd, and had all of our excursions booked and paid for (carnival sponsored) about a month and a half ago. Book early before they sell out. This also keeps your S&S balance low at the end of the cruise if you book in advance.

I'd book as soon as you know what you want, as some excursions are limited availability & do sell out early. For example, all 15 cabanas at Half Moon Cay for a cruise in November 2012 have been sold out for a couple weeks now. We booked one shortly after booking the cruise, pretty early on, and I'm glad we did!

We are booked on the Breeze on June 3rd, and had all of our excursions booked and paid for (carnival sponsored) about a month and a half ago. Book early before they sell out. This also keeps your S&S balance low at the end of the cruise if you book in advance.

Agreed!

OP- you can always change your mind later and cancel if you find something else you'd rather do... just cancel by 48 hours before you sail (I think that is the cutoff date, check the Carnival website to make sure...).

Have fun!!

I would wait until after final payment, but if you're really concerned about losing a spot then go for it. I just prefer to hold on to my money as long as possible....and some of those excursions are expensive.

Final payment is already done.

Thanks everyone for the responses... looks pretty unanimous !!!!:D

We book privately and typically about 2 months before the cruise.

Most Carnival excursions do not sell out that quickly.

Cabanas at Half Moon Cay sure do;) (8 months early to be exact)

Most of the time we book independent excursions as well, but not at HMC.

Unless Carnival has made a major change about booking your excurison, you had to be paid in full before you booked an excurison. They do add more closer to the sail date, as the originals fill up, but if you paid in full , and there is one you want to do, I WOULD NOT WAIT. Book it Danno

Unless Carnival has made a major change about booking your excurison, you had to be paid in full before you booked an excurison. They do add more closer to the sail date, as the originals fill up, but if you paid in full , and there is one you want to do, I WOULD NOT WAIT. Book it Danno

It must not be true any longer, as we booked our HMC cabana shortly after booking the November cruise, and final payment is still a ways off.

From Carnival's FAQ's

If you have a valid booking number, have met all deposit requirements for each guest you will be booking shore excursions for, but not yet within 3 days prior to your sailing, you may book online. Some excursions have a limited capacity so booking early may ensure that the excursions you want are available.

DH has been champing at the bit to book our excursions, we're doing the deep-sea fishing in Grand Turk and he doesn't want it to fill up without him (and me! I fish, too!)

If you know now, book now. My son and family booked dolphin encounter for May. I deceided I may want to go but they have already sold out.

Keep trying to book that excursion if you want to go with them. There still may be spots that open up when people cancel there booked excursion.

If you know now, book now. My son and family booked dolphin encounter for May. I deceided I may want to go but they have already sold out.

Go to the excursion desk as soon as you board as they usually hold some spots open for on board bookings.

We've booked excursions before paying in full.

Archived