Beach diving in Curacao

Mike&Lorraine

Hi everyone. We are doing a cruise next week with a stop in Curacao. We are both experienced divers (divemasters) and our 12 year old son has his junior certification. Our daughter would like to do a Discover Scuba. We're looking for a beach with a dive shop that we can rent gear for the day and work with our son as well as have our daughter do the Discover Scuba. Ideally it would be a place with a restaurant and beach chairs available. Any suggestions of the best beach to spend the day on?

Thanks everyone. I've heard great things about the Dive Bus, but we've heard that their beach isn't really great for non-divers. We need a place that will keep my daughter happy! I think we're going to take a cab to Playa PortoMari, rent a few chairs and three sets of dive gear and take it from there. We'll take turns practicing with our son and our daughter can do a Discover Scuba if she wants to.

Please tell me if I'm wrong about the Dive Bus!

Archived