confused about future cruise certificate

angiegal

On a cruise last year, we purchased a future cruise certificate. We just booked our cruise for this year, but it is in April (31 days away). According to the future cruise certificate, I could redeem the certificate online. I went to the website, entered the information and hit the submit button, but nothing happened. I'm worried that because the cruise is so soon, I won't have time to send it via the mail. What can I do?

On a cruise last year, we purchased a future cruise certificate. We just booked our cruise for this year, but it is in April (31 days away). According to the future cruise certificate, I could redeem the certificate online. I went to the website, entered the information and hit the submit button, but nothing happened. I'm worried that because the cruise is so soon, I won't have time to send it via the mail. What can I do?

Several people have said they have called Carnival and they have taken care of it for them. Good Luck..

Carnival's web designers should be fired for putting such a buggy submission form online. Here's the trick to make the form work:

Use Internet Explorer as your browser.

Once on the form webpage, but your browser in "Compatibility View."

Just put your first name in the Requestor name box.

To put your browser in compatibility view look right on the address bar for the little icon that looks like a torn sheet of paper. You may have to go into tools to enable the compatibly mode. I only use IE for this, so I'm not sure.

Hi, if using Internet Explorer, go back to the online certificate redemption page. Click Tools on your Menu Bar, then select Compatibility View. You should see a check mark appear beside it. Re-enter your information and resubmit. It should work OK.

The problem is likely that the web page was designed for an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

I'm a Network Engineer and reported this problem to Carnival Customer Support last year when I redeemed a certificate in October. I had the same problem occur again early this month when redeeming another certificate. I reported the problem a second time to Carnival. I would think by now some heads should have rolled in Carnival's IT department.

Hey Carnival...are you reading this? This is an easily fixed problem!!!

Carnival's web designers should be fired for putting such a buggy submission form online. Here's the trick to make the form work:

Use Internet Explorer as your browser.

Once on the form webpage, but your browser in "Compatibility View."

Just put your first name in the Requestor name box.

To put your browser in compatibility view look right on the address bar for the little icon that looks like a torn sheet of paper. You may have to go into tools to enable the compatibly mode. I only use IE for this, so I'm not sure.

I did this the other day and was able to complete the form and send it.

I'm a Network Engineer and reported this problem to Carnival Customer Support last year when I redeemed a certificate in October. I had the same problem occur again early this month when redeeming another certificate. I reported the problem a second time to Carnival. I would think by now some heads should have rolled in Carnival's IT department.

Hey Carnival...are you reading this? This is an easily fixed problem!!!

I posted about this on John Heald's Facebook and he said the IT beards were looking into it... That was months ago... Still the same problem. Nothing was done.

Carnival's web designers should be fired. Any modern website should be designed for and tested to work on all of the major web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE) and offer a mobile site that plays nice with Android/iPhone.

Thanks, I used internet explorer and submitted the form. It seems to be ok. How long will it take to post?

Last one I used, I got an email confirmation within a day. I then logged in and looked at my cruise docs and the OBC was already showing.

A lot of people here have reported this process taking a lot longer.

I have to wonder whether the form is deliberately designed to fail. Essentially, it's idiot-level programming, the kind of project that the company where I work could assign to a high school graduate who knew a little bit about PHP or ASP.

There's no excuse for any page on any website to fail no matter which browser you use, even an outdated browser. Utterly ridiculous. If Amazon worked as badly as the Carnival website, it wouldn't exist.

Archived