Next Month April 2012 100th Anniversary of Titanic tragedy at the movies and on TV

Cruise Liner Fan

Next month April 2012 is the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic tragedy and there will be 2 new TV mini-series about the Titanic.One written by Julian Fellowes and the other one titled Titanic Blood and Steel.Does anyone know which American TV Network will telecast Titanic Blood and Steel? Also next month on April 6th James Cameron's Titanic will be re-released to theaters in 3D format.Julian Fellowes is quoted in a interview in Radio Times magazine that he thinks and I agree with him that James Cameron in his movie unfairly depicted Titanic's First Officer William Murdoch as accepting a bribe and then later shooting 2 steerage passengers and then pointing the gun at his head and committing suicide when there is no evidence that Murdoch did any of this.And then if you live in the Northern New Jersey/New York City metropolitan area on April 28th the Loews Jersey Theater which is a classic 1929 built movie palace located in Jersey City,New Jersey across the Hudson River from New York City,will show the classic Titanic movie A Night to Remember.Is there anyone here interested in watching the 2 new Titanic TV mini-series and or seeing Titanic in the movie theaters again? Regards,Jerry

The Julian Fellowes 4-parter "Titanic" starts on Sunday on ITV in the UK.

On Channel 5 tonight is a 2 hour documentary "Inside the Titanic".

Next week on BBC1 is a 3-parter "Titanic With Len Goodman".

I'll be watching them all and no doubt there will be other programmes on it.

Jerry, thanks for that info. As of yet, it seems there is no contract for an American Distributor for Titanic: Blood and Steel.

But the mini-series by Julian Fellows will be shown in the US on ABC "starting at 8:00 EST on Saturday, April 14. The first three parts will air on Saturday, with the final part being broadcast on Sunday, April 15." quoted from http://www.squidoo.com/remembering-the-titanic-movies-booksfood-music-museums-and-memorablilia

Both shows look very interesting, and I'm looking forward to watching them :)

Regards,

Salacia

The Julian Fellowes 4-parter "Titanic" starts on Sunday on ITV in the UK.

On Channel 5 tonight is a 2 hour documentary "Inside the Titanic".

Next week on BBC1 is a 3-parter "Titanic With Len Goodman".

I'll be watching them all and no doubt there will be other programmes on it.

"Titanic with Len Goodman"???

Any clues what that's going to be about.

J

Jerry, thanks for that info. As of yet, it seems there is no contract for an American Distributor for Titanic: Blood and Steel.

But the mini-series by Julian Fellows will be shown in the US on ABC "starting at 8:00 EST on Saturday, April 14. The first three parts will air on Saturday, with the final part being broadcast on Sunday, April 15." quoted from http://www.squidoo.com/remembering-the-titanic-movies-booksfood-music-museums-and-memorablilia

Both shows look very interesting, and I'm looking forward to watching them :)

Regards,

Salacia

Salacia, You're welcome. Regards,Jerry

"Titanic with Len Goodman"???

Any clues what that's going to be about.

J

In a new three-part series, Titanic With Len Goodman, the Strictly Come Dancing judge discovers how the impact of the Titanic disaster is still felt a century after the ship sank.

Len has his own connection to the Titanic. Before he was a dancer he was a welder for Harland and Woolf, the company that built Titanic between 1909 and 1912 in Belfast. Len worked for them 50 years later at their yard in East London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2012/13/lengoodman.html

I'm watching "Inside the Titanic" on Channel 5 (UK) now... great computer "blueprint" graphics, some good CGI effects, poor sets, not sure it brings anything new to the story however...

Anyone read Maxtone-Graham's book about Titanic yet?

Yes, I just finished the new Maxtone-Graham - Titantic tragedy. Parts of it are from his lecture he did last June aboard the QM2.

I've read a lot of books over the years about the Titanic and Maxtone-G did mention some new facts I don't remember reading.

I'm watching "Inside the Titanic" on Channel 5 (UK) now... great computer "blueprint" graphics, some good CGI effects, poor sets, not sure it brings anything new to the story however...

For us, some fascinating scenes from the boiler rooms - beloved's grandfather was a fireman on the Titanic, and it gave a graphic idea of the terrible conditions.

Mary

Next month April 2012 is the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic tragedy and there will be 2 new TV mini-series about the Titanic.One written by Julian Fellowes and the other one titled Titanic Blood and Steel.Does anyone know which American TV Network will telecast Titanic Blood and Steel? Also next month on April 6th James Cameron's Titanic will be re-released to theaters in 3D format.Julian Fellowes is quoted in a interview in Radio Times magazine that he thinks and I agree with him that James Cameron in his movie unfairly depicted Titanic's First Officer William Murdoch as accepting a bribe and then later shooting 2 steerage passengers and then pointing the gun at his head and committing suicide when there is no evidence that Murdoch did any of this.And then if you live in the Northern New Jersey/New York City metropolitan area on April 28th the Loews Jersey Theater which is a classic 1929 built movie palace located in Jersey City,New Jersey across the Hudson River from New York City,will show the classic Titanic movie A Night to Remember.Is there anyone here interested in watching the 2 new Titanic TV mini-series and or seeing Titanic in the movie theaters again? Regards,Jerry

IN the USA........

On NAtional Geographic Channel there will be a Titanic program on Sunday April 8th at 8pm ET with re-broadcasts later on the day and in the wee hours of the morning.

National Geographic channel does not do East/WEst split feed so if you live in PDT...the air time is at 5pm PDT.

Discovery Channel and history Channel will likely have some programing on the titanic the following weekend of April 14 and 15.

History Channel and National Geographic Channel appears to have special programming on April 14 and 15.

Yesterday I received the new issue of the Nat Geo Magazine, with Titanic on the title, lots of high-res wreckage photos inside, and a fantastically illustrated fold-out of the ship sinking to the bottom, being torn apart.

German News Magazine has the Titanic on its title this week too, accompanied by a DVD about the tragedy.

In eleven days I´ll be boarding QM2, I wonder if there is a memorial aboard on the 12th.

Yesterday I received the new issue of the Nat Geo Magazine, with Titanic on the title, lots of high-res wreckage photos inside, and a fantastically illustrated fold-out of the ship sinking to the bottom, being torn apart.

German News Magazine has the Titanic on its title this week too, accompanied by a DVD about the tragedy.

In eleven days I´ll be boarding QM2, I wonder if there is a memorial aboard on the 12th.

As she will be nowhere near the Atlantic, I would doubt it very much. I am sure that it will be mentioned on board the ship.

In a new three-part series, Titanic With Len Goodman, the Strictly Come Dancing judge discovers how the impact of the Titanic disaster is still felt a century after the ship sank.

Len has his own connection to the Titanic. Before he was a dancer he was a welder for Harland and Woolf, the company that built Titanic between 1909 and 1912 in Belfast. Len worked for them 50 years later at their yard in East London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2012/13/lengoodman.html

Bit of a tenuous link there don't you think:rolleyes: Just wonder how they will spin that for 3 parts, i watched all of 3 mins.

We watched 10 mins of the Channel4 series. awful, poor sets, plot, acting. According to the reviews lots of others think the same too, millions of viewers have switched off.

Channel 4 series? Which one's that?

Archived