How/when do I remove gratuities

m2dd's

If Carnival, and the other lines too, would eliminate tips altogether, and just add the $11.00 per person, per day, to the price of the cruise, the problem would be solved for all concerned.

But we know that will never happen, and besides if they did that, traffic on this board would die out to nothing

I agree to the adding the tip to the price, that way there's no taking off and everyone is assured to get a tip, but then ppl would be complaining about that as well.

Wrong. In a restaurant the tip that you give the server will be used to tip the busers and cooks, that is if your server wants the tables cleared and food cooked in a timely fashion. Just because you don't tip the cook directly does not mean they are not getting part of the tip you leave. This is how it works in MOST restaurants.

Wrong, I was a waitress for many many years, in a variety of restaurants, never did I share any of my tips with the cooks. Bartender, busboy and in one upscale restaurant I even had to give the manager a cut, but never the cooks.

I don't really know if Carnival really gives the cooks or sheet washers a cut, I question that statement. There are a lot of employees that bus tables, serve beverages in the buffet area, etc. that I think are the ones that share the tips charged with the MDR staff and room steward. I consider this a fair charge for their service.

Archived