Wine Question--need help choosing

TabFox

I know Carnival has wine packages...5 bottles for $=/- 120 for the lower tier. However, I haven't tried most of the wines. I would hate to buy the package and not like anything offered. At home, I tend to drink Riunite Lambrusco (don't laugh! LOL)... $8 for a big bottle at Sam's and Walmart. I have drank white zinfandel also, but really like the lambrusco. Is there anyone who is familiar with different types that could help me choose a wine that would be similar to the lambrusco? I guess it's a sweet-er type. I also like white wine. I can't remember the type I had last, it was a sweet white table wine which was good. I also found a little bottle of pinot grigio and took one sip and did not like it at all. Any suggestions?

If you like the sweeter wines, the only thing I see on the list for the lower tier is the Copper Ridge White Zinfandel and maybe the Bogle Merlot and Barefoot Pinot Noir. The others are fairly dry and crisp.

P.S. You have several weeks...you can try them all and see what you like!

Barefoot Bubbly Brut Cuvee, Copper Ridge White Zin, Zonin Pinot Grigio, Clifford Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Barefoot Chardonnay, Barefoot Pinot Noir, Bogle Merlot, Twisted Zinfandel, Black Swan Shiraz, and Smoking Loon Cabnernet Sauvignon.

These are the choices on the list that I got from the BVD.

Try a Riesling for a sweet white wine

Gewurztraminers have always tasted sweet to me

But I saw that they have a moscato as well as Conudrum - both white and both too sweet for me...... Then again, I'm not a wine drinker.....

We just got off the Legend and bought the middle wine package for about $150. The Reisling from Germany was awsome. The red (can't remember the name) was great too. I'm not a wine expert, but someone on CC who was a somolier (sp?) said that the list on the middle price was a pretty good value.

I know Carnival has wine packages...5 bottles for $=/- 120 for the lower tier. However, I haven't tried most of the wines. I would hate to buy the package and not like anything offered. At home, I tend to drink Riunite Lambrusco (don't laugh! LOL)... $8 for a big bottle at Sam's and Walmart. I have drank white zinfandel also, but really like the lambrusco. Is there anyone who is familiar with different types that could help me choose a wine that would be similar to the lambrusco? I guess it's a sweet-er type. I also like white wine. I can't remember the type I had last, it was a sweet white table wine which was good. I also found a little bottle of pinot grigio and took one sip and did not like it at all. Any suggestions?

Don't feel bad, I'm also strictly a sweet white drinker, and my favorite is barefoot moscato for $5-6/bottle at Walmart. :p I looked at the wine packages but I didn't see a moscato. Maybe I will try a zinfandel and see if I like it. I *will* have 2 bottles of barefoot moscato in our carry-on! :D

Barefoot moscato def sweet. I just started drinking a couple of years ago. I only liked the sweet wines. ( Or what people call sweet, none actually tasted sweet to me just less bitter) Before I found the BF Moscato I liked the Beringer white zinfandel which is a blush. Moscato sweeter to me. I've hunted for a red but never found one. Well not true I did find one but can only buy in New York. It was Adesso. Although I found by the time I got through sampling all these reds looking for a sweet one. My taste had changed. I dont like the sweet ones now. My bro said that usually happens with beginner wine drinkers. Oh I believe they do have a wine tasting onboard the Magic. Think its $15. I could be mistaken but I dont think you sample any that are in the packages. But I hope so. I bought the premium package through the BV dept for my cruise on the Magic this May. At the time I thought if I didnt like some that since I bought the most expensive one I could substitute a bottle from the cheaper one. Not true. You can not.

I'll try the barefoot moscato this weekend. I also tried one that my sister got from DeVault Family Vineyards in Appomattox, it was a white table wine...OMG...I could have drank a gallon of it (not really, but it was awesome!) Chateau Morrisette Red Mountain Laurel is pretty good, too. It tastes very similar to welch's grape juice, but I'm still partial to my twist-top lambrusco! I wonder if they still make that old TJ Swan...we used to drink that back in the 80's...and Boone's Farm Strawberry.

Archived