Spring break rooms are insanely expensive in Galveston

ummgood

We are sailing out of Galveston on the Disney Wonder on 3/9/2013. I just looked at some early booking rates for the hotels in Galveston and they all were $250/night approximately. I just hate to spend that much and would rather pay around $100 or less. We don't mind hotels like Comfort Inn/Suites etc.. but expect the hotel to be clean and well maintained.

We will be driving in from Austin the night before and I am wondering if I should expect to have to stay the night in Houston to save money. I really don't want to have to make the drive the day of the cruise as I worry of some car issues etc... I want to give myself a little bit of cushion.

Can anyone recommend a room that would be reasonable during Spring Break or a room not too far from Galveston?

Thanks everyone I am still debating if we should keep the reservation we have. We'll take a look at those other areas. I don't know how much time we'll have because knowing us we'll probably be leaving Austin around 4pm so we might not have much time to sight see.

I found a two bedroom suite for $99 at the Town Place Suites in Clear Lake. It got sort of mediocre reviews on Trip Advisor, but for that price I'll put up with a lot!

ETA: Actually, I just took another look at Trip Advisor, and there are several new reviews that were pretty favorable. I feel better about booking this hotel now!

• 2 weeks later...
I found a two bedroom suite for $99 at the Town Place Suites in Clear Lake. It got sort of mediocre reviews on Trip Advisor, but for that price I'll put up with a lot!

ETA: Actually, I just took another look at Trip Advisor, and there are several new reviews that were pretty favorable. I feel better about booking this hotel now!

I must drive by this place all the time and have never noticed it. That being said that area is pretty residential. There are businesses near but it's surprising there is a hotel there! I guess cuz NASA is near.

You will find that most hotels in Galveston will open bookings around 6 months out. Some open 12 months (Wyndham and a few others), but you will find more appropriate pricing and more hotels at around 6 months out.

Archived