Pet Peeves

SewMuch

3D Manicures..hmm

Are those like what I call the "Fang" manicures..with the long, long, affixed tips? They resemble painted fangs?

I'm not a big fan of rings on every finger, especially with 3D manicures. I would snag my fingernails on everything if I tried to do that.

3D Manicures..hmm

Are those like what I call the "Fang" manicures..with the long, long, affixed tips? They resemble painted fangs?

Especially when on the toes! I hate seeing fake nails on toes that extend way out beyond the toes. How in the heck do they wear shoes?

Especially when on the toes! I hate seeing fake nails on toes that extend way out beyond the toes. How in the heck do they wear shoes?

I don't know, my 11 yr old daughter likes longish toenails so she can keep a french manicure. If I had the money we spend replacing her socks we could take both girls to Europe including airfare. Thank goodness it's flip flop season. At least she hasn't tried to do the 3D manicure on her toenails...yet.

Generally found in the Italian American or Greek communities...Men with gold necklaces that expose their upper chests to allow the chain or charm to rest against their Unkempt (extremely hairy) chest... in fact te chest doesnt have to be hairy...i just can't stand the look.

Not a peeve because I don't really care but I do notice that many European women (not on cruise ships as I've hardly cruised until very very lately) wear swim (or should I say sunbathing) wear that lose their elasticity and sag as soon as the material gets wet.

I don't know if this couple was European but...there was an older couple (maybe late 60's) at a pre-cruise resort. When the woman walked past me I just happened to look up in time to see everything that was happening on the other side of the pool through the saggy leg holes on her string bikini, not to mention all her unmentionables. The man with her was in a thong bikini bottom. They were both fit for their age (and I have nothing against older people in bikini's) I just wasn't prepared for the show.

Oh and I'd like to on record as being a fan of men in trunk speedo's also. That's what the ones with the longer legs are called, right?

There is not one fat person I know who doesn't realize they are fat. There is not one fat person I know that isn't aware of the possible healthcare ramifications of being overweight. Trying to be fit as you can be regardless of their fatness is a good thing. If they choose to call themselves "fluffy", so be it. Being overweight is enough of a drain on the self-esteem without someone having to characterize themselves negatively in front of other people. Trust me, we already do enough of it when we're alone.

Not dressing for your body shape/size/type = pet peeve.

Calling yourself "fluffy" instead of "fat" in front of other people is delusional = fat shaming.

Telling people to wake up about their fatness = fat shaming.

An excellent & very truthful post.

Thanks!

Oh and I'd like to on record as being a fan of men in trunk speedo's also. That's what the ones with the longer legs are called, right?

My husband used to wear those (when we started dating, I took away his speedo bikinis - if he wasn't scuba diving or swimming competitively, I didn't want to see him in them) We compromised on the boy short. "Squarecut" is another term you'll find if looking for them online.

I like this vintage-inspired pair: 18676-2T.jpg

My husband used to wear those (when we started dating, I took away his speedo bikinis - if he wasn't scuba diving or swimming competitively, I didn't want to see him in them) We compromised on the boy short. "Squarecut" is another term you'll find if looking for them online.

I like this vintage-inspired pair: 18676-2T.jpg

Im suprized he married you.. LOL. Last thing I want is a women telling me what to wear for swimming.. LOL. I know.. thats why im still single, most of times its better that way.

Im not being rude or angry. cant express that in text here... Im sure you both have a happy marage.

I misread as aft balcony. There's aft in all categories left.

I doubt ill change, Ive already put down 250.00 on a aft balcony on glory. under ES.. Ill loose it all if I cancel. Mabie we will be in one of the ports at same time. Im going to Grand Caymen also.

Hoya, do you think this is the same poster who posted a giant thread about wearing speedos a couple of months ago and then went onto call atention to himself throughout the thread?

People overeact to the speedo thing, IMO. I don't care for it, but in many countries it's common and nobody bats an eye..nor does anybody really care. If I don't like it, I don't look at it and am glad someone has the courage to feel comfortable in it.

You're right, it's my marriage and not your business. But since you appear to care about TMI, it's a hair issue:rolleyes: And if he wanted to wear one, he would, but since he's my husband and he cares about my opinions (as I care about his) he wears things I like to see him in. It's called compromise- it's what makes a relationship last:D

And, further, I do ask for his input when I'm choosing things to wear- swimming or otherwise. I want to wear things *he* likes to see me in.....

speedo.jpg

The man on the right would look much better with a little more leg coverage. They both would look better with

this outfit:

coolibarrashguard1.jpg

I know people like to get some sun, but lets face it a burn can ruin your cruise and lead to skin cancer. While the covered guy looks pretty fit, does anybody want to see that much skin on exhibit A and B?

My husband's personal pet peeve is baggy swim trunks - he feels too weighted down. I get that - he wants to be able to move easily when he's in the water (because he's typically doing active things if he's in the water) and board shorts to the knee are not helpful that way. That's why we reached our compromise. Though, he thinks he doesn't look as good as he did 15 years ago (who does? :D) so now he wears actual swim trunks that are not form-fitting. But we still try to find a shorter leg length so they don't balloon too much when he jumps in....Though if he's going snorkeling, he'll wear the boy shorts....

He doesn't wear rash guards because quite honestly we just don't spend much time at the beach and he wears waterproof spf 50 or 70 every day, all over (he shaves his head to make it easier to apply sunscreen;)) If we decided we were going to do a beach-oriented vacation, maybe he'd change his mind.

And yes, I think david must have "speedo" set as a google alert since he jumps in every time the topic comes up. I certainly don't have a problem with other people wearing them - c'est la vie. But I'm not sleeping with any of them;)

I doubt ill change, Ive already put down 250.00 on a aft balcony on glory. under ES.. Ill loose it all if I cancel. Mabie we will be in one of the ports at same time. Im going to Grand Caymen also.

Maybe next time. But, FTR, I really don't 'get' speedos. You wanna wear one, great. I guess I understand the billowy pants while you're doing water sports thing, but for just sitting on the beach? Eh, not my thing, but whatever works for ya.

But I don't have the body for it, so you'd never catch me in a tiny bikini bottom. But then, by the judgement of others in this thread, I probably shouldn't wear a strapless dress or low cut dress either because I'm all too close to the arbitrary weight deemed "fat". Whatever. I've lost a lot of weight and I look GOOD!

Those swim trunks look very retro, like something out of the '50s or '60s.

Speaking of swim tights, my wife went to this place earlier this year. Swim shorts of any sort were forbidden and you had to wear swim tights.

I thnk I have one other pet peeve. Too much formal wear that you normally otherwise rarely if never use. My wife and I will be touring Austria before our next cruise and will have to deal with stairs w/o elevators, a small car, and lugging our bags onto an overnight train. I think I will dispense with any formal jacket.

Those swim trunks look very retro, like something out of the '50s or '60s.

Speaking of swim tights, my wife went to this place earlier this year. Swim shorts of any sort were forbidden and you had to wear swim tights.

I thnk I have one other pet peeve. Too much formal wear that you normally otherwise rarely if never use. My wife and I will be touring Austria before our next cruise and will have to deal with stairs w/o elevators, a small car, and lugging our bags onto an overnight train. I think I will dispense with any formal jacket.

Ok that link is in French, which I don't read, and I'm in my phone, which makes it small, but are swim tights as awful and confining as they sound?

I call them that as Speedos are not a generic name.

In the US, they sort of are - like Kleenex for all tissues. Even though Speedo is a great company that makes all sorts of swimwear, they're only associated with men's bikini bottoms in our minds;)

When I read "tights" - I too assumed full leg gear was required:p

Ok that link is in French, which I don't read
You can click on "Anglais" in the upper right if you (or anyone else) is interested.....

Will be a big problem for people who have a disdain for Speedos when the Olympics are on !

In the US, they sort of are - like Kleenex for all tissues. Even though Speedo is a great company that makes all sorts of swimwear, they're only associated with men's bikini bottoms in our minds;)

When I read "tights" - I too assumed full leg gear was required:p

You can click on "Anglais" in the upper right if you (or anyone else) is interested.....

Will be a big problem for people who have a disdain for Speedos when the Olympics are on !

At the last couple Olympics, the men (at least for the short distances) mostly wore the "sharkskin" wetsuits and not bikinis;) Though it looks like they might not be allowed in competition anymore?

I have to add my personal opinion that competition is NOT real life - I don't think a figure skating costume is appropriate vacation wear either, unless I'm at an ice show. They're uniforms or costumes for a specific purpose - not day to day clothing. So I don't consider that a true comparison.

I still think it's the Americans that have the hangups with the speedo (except for the speedo guy that was posting earlier). They are so common in Europe and South America and nobody really cares. Same thing with a thong bikini. No big deal in other countries, here some make a big hoo-ha out of it. To each his own.

At the last couple Olympics, the men (at least for the short distances) mostly wore the "sharkskin" wetsuits and not bikinis;) Though it looks like they might not be allowed in competition anymore?

I have to add my personal opinion that competition is NOT real life - I don't think a figure skating costume is appropriate vacation wear either, unless I'm at an ice show. They're uniforms or costumes for a specific purpose - not day to day clothing. So I don't consider that a true comparison.

Archived