Vision of the Seas - Jan 2013

Considering booking on her for Jan during the WOW sale. I've never sailed her, but I've been on the Freedom. Thoughts on her? Will DH & I be happy?

I'm looking at these cruises:

Itinerary #1: St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. John's, Roseau, St. Kitts

Itinerary #2: Tortola, St. John's, Fort De France, St. Kitts, St, Maarten

Itinerary #3: St. John's, St. Lucia, Bridgetown, St. George's, Kralendijk, Aruba

I would love to hear thoughts and opinions on any of these ports and which one you would chose! I've been to St. Maarten before, the rest would be new to me.

It really is a difficult question because you're choosing between three fantastic itineraries. For me, #3 just wins it but many other posters will probably disagree, you can't make a wrong choice

As for the Vision, she's a beautiful ship, I've been on her a few times and I'm positive you'll love her

You really can't go wrong

It really is a difficult question because you're choosing between three fantastic itineraries. For me, #3 just wins it but many other posters will probably disagree, you can't make a wrong choice

As for the Vision, she's a beautiful ship, I've been on her a few times and I'm positive you'll love her

Why #3? Sell me on it, lol!

I really hope I can convinced DH that I need to put down the deposit during the WOW sale. Even if he can't get off, I have a friend who already told me she would come with me.

Just be aware that Vision does not have a Promenade or specialty restaurants or a concierge lounge. It is a beautiful ship, with lots of glass and nice public spaces, but no frills.

We are sailing in Feb. 2013 for the itinerary. I like #3 too, we are sailing to visit some new ports. :)

We've been on Vision class ships previously, know what to expect, and hope that Vision is doing the same set of itineraries in 2014. We've been to Bonaire before and really want to return, for the great snorkeling, so of your choices I'd say #3. However, the 2/4/13 itinerary has St. Vincent and Bonaire, and that's the itinerary we hope to do.

We've been on Vision class ships previously, know what to expect, and hope that Vision is doing the same set of itineraries in 2014. We've been to Bonaire before and really want to return, for the great snorkeling, so of your choices I'd say #3. However, the 2/4/13 itinerary has St. Vincent and Bonaire, and that's the itinerary we hope to do.

We thought about waiting too. Vision will probably be "re-vitalized" by then. Unfortunately we have missed out on opportunities before by waiting.

We have sailed on Grandeur several times, and Enchantment pre-stretch and we like the Vision class. And the Southern Caribbean itineraries out of FLL look awesome! :D

We thought about waiting too. Vision will probably be "re-vitalized" by then. Unfortunately we have missed out on opportunities before by waiting.

We have sailed on Grandeur several times, and Enchantment pre-stretch and we like the Vision class. And the Southern Caribbean itineraries out of FLL look awesome! :D

Our first cruise, the one that got us hooked, was on Rhapsody, and we did Enchantment per-stretch, too. We're taking our chances and waiting because we're booked for 2013 already, can't really do a longer cruise in 2913 (did a back to back on Serenade this year), and actually already have pre-paid, non-refundable pre-cruise hotel reservations in San Juan. We know vision might not have the same itineraries in 2014, in which case we'll find something else.

Our first cruise, the one that got us hooked, was on Rhapsody, and we did Enchantment per-stretch, too. We're taking our chances and waiting because we're booked for 2013 already, can't really do a longer cruise in 2913 (did a back to back on Serenade this year), and actually already have pre-paid, non-refundable pre-cruise hotel reservations in San Juan. We know vision might not have the same itineraries in 2014, in which case we'll find something else.

I understand. We didn't have a 2013 already booked.... LOL :D:):D Our cruise schedule was wide open.....along with a Next Cruise certificate burning a hole in the computer desk! :D

I understand. We didn't have a 2013 already booked.... LOL :D:):D Our cruise schedule was wide open.....along with a Next Cruise certificate burning a hole in the computer desk! :D

We booked the 2013 cruise while we were on Serenade. We bought a next cruise certificate several years ago we haven't used yet, because we usually book on board, but I'm planning to use it if we end up doing Vision in '14. We always book at least a year out to make sure we get the cabin we want. We prefer aft balconies, and have asked our TA to grab an aft JS for us on Vision, which basically means she has to get it as soon as booking opens, as there are only a few of them.

Just to get back on topic. OP, if you are considering one of the Vision Southern Caribbean cruises for next year....you might want to do a price comparison on your itineraries, and print it out.

Our cruise for Feb of next year was booked when first offered in Jan. We booked a D1. The price as of today is $1,000 p/p higher than it was when first offered. They have been raising them like crazy. I hope there is a reasonable offering for you during the WOW sale. :)

Considering booking on her for Jan during the WOW sale. I've never sailed her, but I've been on the Freedom. Thoughts on her? Will DH & I be happy?

I'm looking at these cruises:

Itinerary #1: St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. John's, Roseau, St. Kitts

Itinerary #2: Tortola, St. John's, Fort De France, St. Kitts, St, Maarten

Itinerary #3: St. John's, St. Lucia, Bridgetown, St. George's, Kralendijk, Aruba

I would love to hear thoughts and opinions on any of these ports and which one you would chose! I've been to St. Maarten before, the rest would be new to me.

I have been on the Enchatment and Jewel so I am not worried about not having the features of the Freedom. I sail for the ports more then the ship.

Seems like these are all good choices. Now how to decide?

What do you like to do in port? That may help you decide.

I have been on the Enchatment and Jewel so I am not worried about not having the features of the Freedom. I sail for the ports more then the ship.

Seems like these are all good choices. Now how to decide?

Vision doesn't have the features of Jewel either. The Radiance class is our favorite. :D The current prices for these sailings on Vision are almost

disproportionate to the amenities offered by the ship. The ports are good though.

Why #3? Sell me on it, lol!

I really hope I can convinced DH that I need to put down the deposit during the WOW sale. Even if he can't get off, I have a friend who already told me she would come with me.

I really rate Barbados, Aruba and St Lucia

Vision doesn't have the features of Jewel either. The Radiance class is our favorite. :D The current prices for these sailings on Vision are almost

disproportionate to the amenities offered by the ship. The ports are good though.

After looking at it, I know I will be okay (as long as there is a pool, hot tub and something to eat, I'm good to go) but I know DH won't be happy. He already told me he would prefer to do NCL because of Freestyle, I don't think I can convince him on the Vision. *sigh* Back to the drawing board.

Booked a D1 for this cruise. Used to HAL. What will be the difference other than paying for my ice cream and not being able to bring on my wine? What's there to do on sea days? Do I need to buy flowers or do they put a small arrangment in the room. I'm sure I'll have more questions. Hopefully a lot of this will be positive surprises.

Booked a D1 for this cruise. Used to HAL. What will be the difference other than paying for my ice cream and not being able to bring on my wine? What's there to do on sea days? Do I need to buy flowers or do they put a small arrangment in the room. I'm sure I'll have more questions. Hopefully a lot of this will be positive surprises.

Soft serve ice cream is available for free. No free flowers. You can order wine or champagne. Sherbert is also available in the dining room for free.

Sea days have pool games, trivia, napkin folding, maybe scrapbooking or something. Probably sort of like Hal, although we have never had the pleasure. :)

Vision will have the salad buffet at lunch, that is fleetwide. It is a great salad bar with nice big shrimp and lots of other ingredients. You point, they add. I really enjoy it. You can also order things off the menu. And they will walk you to a table when you enter the MDR:)

I don't know about breakfast....we rarely get up that early. :p

The ships usually have a superbowl viewing party, I have read about it. But we have never been onboard for that particular event.

Archived