Bottle Margarita Mix

tk22

Wonder if one could bring a 1.75 liter bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita (sealed) mix on board in carry-on; since each person is allowed a 12 pack of 20 oz soda? Has anyone tried to bring bottle mixes?

we always bring the individual mix packs. Each pack makes one drink, its power and pretty good once you get the correct amount of water. We found they work perfect with the plastic glass you get on the boast. We purchsed a cocktail once on board and usd the glass for the rest of the cruise. You can purchase them at Target, Wal=mart, Food Lion and I'm sure other stores, this is just were we get them.

Wonder if one could bring a 1.75 liter bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita (sealed) mix on board in carry-on; since each person is allowed a 12 pack of 20 oz soda? Has anyone tried to bring bottle mixes?

I was on the Fantasy out of Charleston in Jan. I took a 1.75 oz. Master of Mixes sweet and sour mix for our Margaritas that we purchased from Bon Voyage and had the print out of our purchase in my carry on and my friend that was in the room with me had a bottle in her carry on. I also packed some dry mix in my checked luggage in case they took it. They did check both in our carry on when we went through security but we just told them it was for our Bon Voyage purchase. They did not look at our print out, but i had it so i could show them. It's worth a try. It may be different at each port.

We were on the Conquest March 11th, we went on with one of those big plastic tubs of margarita mix in our carry-on cooler and they didn't say a word!! I figured if they confiscated it, no big deal - we still had the tequilla in our room from bon voyage and we would have found another mixer!

We were on the Conquest March 11th, we went on with one of those big plastic tubs of margarita mix in our carry-on cooler and they didn't say a word!! I figured if they confiscated it, no big deal - we still had the tequilla in our room from bon voyage and we would have found another mixer!

so did you bring the tub and your allowed 12pack of 20oz?

I've never had an issue. We aren't usually flying though, so we could return anything that they don't allow to the car. I think taking a record of the Bon Voyage purchase is a good idea. Both DH and I drink sugar free mixers which Carnival does not offer. I figure if I'm spending my $$$ on the Bon Voyage liquor, I can at least try to make the argument that they should let me mix it with what I prefer.

so did you bring the tub and your allowed 12pack of 20oz?

yes, we had the tub, about 15 assorted sodas, a few water bottles, and our 2 bottles of wine. :)

Like i said in another post - next time, we'll travel lighter (meaning the sodas) and just buy anything we need on board. We had a nice cooler on wheels, all packed up, then at embarkation they confiscated the cooler - said it was too large (i thought it met the size requirements AND we saw lots of people with much larger, more cumbersome carry-ons, carts, etc.) So, we had to pull all the drinks out and stuff them in our other carry-ons - including the big tub of margarita mix! Not a big deal except we felt all loaded down when we first got on the ship and waiting for our rooms to be ready. At the end of the week, we had sodas left over. We actually didn't drink all the liquor in our room, either. There were too many times when we were out and about on the ship, and didn't want to walk all the way back to our cabins for refills so we just ordered from a waiter.

So next time i plan to simplify...for a few extra $$s we can buy a coke when we want one.

yes, - next time, we'll travel lighter (meaning the sodas) and just buy anything we need on board. We had a nice cooler on wheels, all packed up, then at embarkation they confiscated the cooler - said it was too large (i thought it met the size requirements AND we saw lots of people with much larger, more cumbersome carry-ons, carts, etc.)

for others .....The "Carry-On" size is the standard airline carryon size - However, the published size specifically for coolers is only 12" x 12" x 12" (outside dimensions, including wheels, etc.) for which they're generally very strict in enforcing. ken

So I am trying to do the same thing so I found these online

http://www.amazon.com/Lt-Blenders-Margarita-12-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B001E5E0GA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_3/182-6185253-6184205

... They have great reviews and also the bucket is not liquid so it should be fine... but you never know, they person checking you in might be having a bad day!

Archived