Oasis Western intinerary - starboard or port side when docked

kazda

Hi

The more I read up on our upcoming August cruise the more questions I have.:)

Travelling on Oasis western itinerary to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

Does anybody how what side of the ship starboard (right) or Port (left) does the ship dock at in each port.

We have a Starboard side cabin and was wondering when the ship is in port will we have a view of ocean or of the port we're docked in.

You will be facing the island in both Labadee and Cozumel. In Falmouth, you will be facing the pier.

I understand what you mean when you say 'facing the pier', but I don't know what you mean by 'facing the island' in Labadee and Cozumel.

Are there other islands off both these ports that our starboard cabin will be facing ??

I understand what you mean when you say 'facing the pier', but I don't know what you mean by 'facing the island' in Labadee and Cozumel.

Are there other islands off both these ports that our starboard cabin will be facing ??

Oasis/Allure always docks starboard side (right)..so you will see the dock side..and will have a view of land...Enjoy, you have chosen well for this ship...

Oasis/Allure always docks starboard side (right)..so you will see the dock side..and will have a view of land...Enjoy, you have chosen well for this ship...

Great thanks for that info. I was hoping the oasis would be docking starboard side so we can watch from our balcony as the ship leaves each port.

I agree that Oasis class seems to almost always dock starboard side [i have photos confirming that on the day I took them in Labadee, Falmouth, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Sint Maaten]. BUT I think that each lifeboat is required to be lowered periodically [once a month?] to the water, which would require port side docking occasionally.

Thom

I agree that Oasis class seems to almost always dock starboard side [i have photos confirming that on the day I took them in Labadee, Falmouth, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Sint Maaten]. BUT I think that each lifeboat is required to be lowered periodically [once a month?] to the water, which would require port side docking occasionally.

Thom

Thom,

I agree with you about the life boat test requirement, last year when we were on the Oasis she moored portside to in Nassau and tested the lifeboats on the starboard side.

Yesterday I got a header picture in a cruise ad for the current WOW sale that shows Oasis class docked port-side in Labadee. I'm hoping I can post it here [i'm not experienced at posting pictures to CruiseCritic]. Despite this I am still agreeing that mostly it is starboard side docking. Does anyone know if the Oasis escalators that head down to disembarkation are only on the starboard side? [i can't even find any escalators on the deck plans]

Thom

1401417991_RCIWOWsaleBeneplace.jpg.e6f2600961d6014c43bce76a9f9a92c8.jpg

Do you have any young adults(or I'd say kids) traveling with you? We have 2 daughters 22, 20 and our son 17. We are from MA, how about you?

No kids travelling with us :D, leaving our two 20 year old sons at home much to their dispair. We're from Sydney Australia and boarding the Oasis as part of our 4 week trip to USA.

Archived