Shopping close to Port

We are first time cruisers taking Waterways of the Czars with Viking in July Moscow to St. Petersburg.

Can anyone advise if there are any stores close to where the ship docks (both Moscow and St. Petersburg) that we will be able to purchase room snacks/bottle of wine or does one need to make these purchases while out on your day tours. Thanks

If Viking docks at the regular new cruise terminal, there aren't many options there. it is not in the heart of town.

That said, I would assume that even on River Cruises, Russian immigration is the same as for any other cruiser, you need some sort of Russian Visa to enter the country, either from the ship's tours or from any private tour you might book. If that is the case, then you will not be allowed to wander about, shopping, even if you had places to shop at.

Cheers

Len

Giantfan 13 - We will have a Russian visa and there is "free time" in our itinerary where we can roam at our discretion. I was trying to ascertain if there was a convenience stores close to our dock site.

Does anyone happen to know where the river cruises dock in St Petersburg? I could look up info on goggle maps if I knew the dock name.

Thanks.

Archived