Does anyone here Vape on board?

dontpanik

Sarah.....question or you. What is a tank? And are there lots of different cartridges in Menthol for example Med-light-full flavor?

Have tried a couple kinds and cant really find something I like yet.

Appreciate any info on your product you use.

If you don't use the fluid....why is it a tank.

I don't think I would like mixing or filling anything to use.

When most people talk about a tank system they are usually refering to the Joyetech eGo-T or eGo-C or one of the OEM versions like the Totally Wicked Torpedo Tank.

These systems rely on a re-fillable or pre-filled cartridge tank that holds the e-juice. Using this system you could go as "deep" as you wanted, pre-filled carts, refill with pre-mixed juice or "roll your own". Of course the deeper you get into it the lower your overall cost would be.

I wish there was a low cost way to try them out......I have tried the BLU and they are not bad...but still lacking to me.

I like the pre-filled cart....would not like to refill my own.

I have already spent a couple hundred on ones that I really am not fond of. Alot of people rave about the totally wicked so maybe I will have to give it a try.

Wish the cart. would fit with some of the others I already have tso I could try the taste first.........gets pretty expensive experimenting.

Oh, after reading all the posters, yeah I get it now. Why don't they just buy the gum? :confused:

Inhaling is the part that I found the most addictive. Gum doesn't meet my needs, it tastes gross and it's expensive.

I like to smoke when I drink. I smoke Marlboro Ultra lights now, I am very interested in trying an e-cig! Flavoring sounds way better than smoke. I truly do not know where to start. I have read the entire thread and would love to take this on the ship. I am very interested in your opinion on where to start, brand - really any helpful advice would be wonderful. :D

I wish there was a low cost way to try them out......I have tried the BLU and they are not bad...but still lacking to me.

I like the pre-filled cart....would not like to refill my own.

I have already spent a couple hundred on ones that I really am not fond of. Alot of people rave about the totally wicked so maybe I will have to give it a try.

Wish the cart. would fit with some of the others I already have tso I could try the taste first.........gets pretty expensive experimenting.

BLU was also my first e-cig . . . Wish I'd found TOTALLY WICKED first. A waste of money, especially trying to "drip" fluid into that filler every now and then. Almost turned me off of e-cigs.

Using pre-filled cartridges is expensive. Filling a cartridge is easy and allows you to customize your vaping. AND ITS VERY INEXPENSIVE ! ! :)

Filling cartridge:

I pull out the cartridge from my Tornado T . . . take off the cap . . . have a 30ml bottle with an eye dropper to fill the cartridge (holds 1.1ml). . . I add 3-4 drops of glycerin (purchased at Walmart very inexpensive - normally used as a skin protectant) which increases the vapor (think smoke rings :D). . . put the cap back on the cartridge . . . insert it into the Tornado T - DONE

This cartridge last the equivalent of roughly 12-15 analogs. Have recently added up my purchases which include e-juice (fluid with nicotine in it), batteries and atomizers. In the last 2 years, I've spent about $30 per month on all of it. At 2 packs a day of Marlboros at $8 per pack ($16 per day) analogs would be costing me $480 per month ! ! :eek:

The BONUS ? I'm delivering nicotine to my system WITHOUT all the harmful chemicals (estimated at up to 2000) in tobacco cigarettes. No potentially harmful smoke to those around me and I SAVE A TON OF MONEY. :D

Some vapers actually wean themselves off of NICOTINE by constantly reducing the nicotine strengths of the juice they purchase until they are down to ZERO NICOTINE. They continue vaping because of the great flavors available.:)

When people come into the room when I'm vaping my VANILLA flavor, they frequently ask, "What is baking in the oven?":rolleyes:

I like to smoke when I drink. I smoke Marlboro Ultra lights now, I am very interested in trying an e-cig! Flavoring sounds way better than smoke. I truly do not know where to start. I have read the entire thread and would love to take this on the ship. I am very interested in your opinion on where to start, brand - really any helpful advice would be wonderful. :D

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-tank-ecig-products.html

Buy the kit. You'll get all you need to get started including some pre-filled cartridges. Later you can buy e-juice and fill your own if you like. It'll be one of the smartest decisions of your life.

(take it from someone who smoked analogs for 55 years) :rolleyes:

My best friend did me a favor back on my 21st birthday when I decided I wanted to be cool and smoke a cigarette. She handed me her lit cigarette and told me to inhale really deep. The excruciating pain in my chest that followed was enough to turn me off to smoking for the rest of my life. I think these e-cigarettes sound like a great thing to help people that want to stop smoking and if the smoke they release is not harmful, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to use them all over the ship. As a non-smoker, knowing they cause no harm, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think it's the fact that they still do emit some kind of smoke that relegates them to the "smoking" areas only. I hope this new product helps those of you that want to quit smoking. My grandfather smoked his whole life, unfiltered Lucky Strikes, and I saw what it did to him and how he died. It wasn't pretty and I don't wish that on anyone. So good luck with all of you who are trying to quit! I wish you the best of luck and health.:D

My best friend did me a favor back on my 21st birthday when I decided I wanted to be cool and smoke a cigarette. She handed me her lit cigarette and told me to inhale really deep. The excruciating pain in my chest that followed was enough to turn me off to smoking for the rest of my life. I think these e-cigarettes sound like a great thing to help people that want to stop smoking and if the smoke they release is not harmful, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to use them all over the ship. As a non-smoker, knowing they cause no harm, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think it's the fact that they still do emit some kind of smoke that relegates them to the "smoking" areas only. I hope this new product helps those of you that want to quit smoking. My grandfather smoked his whole life, unfiltered Lucky Strikes, and I saw what it did to him and how he died. It wasn't pretty and I don't wish that on anyone. So good luck with all of you who are trying to quit! I wish you the best of luck and health.:D

Water vapor . . . like the steam coming out of an iron. Excellent post, however. :D

Water vapor . . . like the steam coming out of an iron. Excellent post, however. :D

Well, not totally "water Vapor". And this is from a web site that sells them.

4. The most complete result showed, approximately:

66% water

13% alcohol

3% PG

1.4% nicotine

...and around 17% not accounted for.

"

Well, not totally "water Vapor". And this is from a web site that sells them.

4. The most complete result showed, approximately:

66% water

13% alcohol

3% PG

1.4% nicotine

...and around 17% not accounted for.

"

If one is vaping VG their would be no PG. It's not a good study IMO. I use an 80%PG and 20% VG. I have lowered my Nic to 18 from 36. I think their are many variations to any one study. If I were vaping 0 nic. their would be 0 nic. Just saying.

Sorry, but those numbers do not add up nor are they realistic.

I make my liquids at varying PG/VG ratios.

But normally around 70/30 PG/VG.

The nicotine is in PG base and the flavoring is PG/VG/Alc based.

The flavoring is food grade, but I am not sure what is used to make up the flavoring. I purchase it premade as a specific flavor

With that exception, my liquids have 4 chemicals.

Nicotine, PG, VG, Flavoring, sometimes a small amount of PGA (3ml or less of pure grain alcohol)

13% alcohol

"

LOL, I don't know why this part made me laugh. Probably because I'll get at least that much alcohol vapor sitting next to someone on the lido deck who ISN'T vaping, :D. I'm asthmatic (also the OP) and I LOVE that my DH switched. He can blow the vapes right at me and it doesn't bug me a bit...well, I'm not a fan of the red bull "flavored" ones. They stink IMO just like the drink does. I like when he uses the blueberry...makes me hungry for muffins.

OOOHHHH Global location at its best ;) I've been cracking up here, then to see the ONLY other poster from California jump on the same train I did just made it all the better! :D

lol IM from Jersey and I was thinking the same thing you guys were:o

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the EGO-c last week....and love it. Vaping Cherry, and Cinnamin, and just started "toffee"....very yummy. AND I get my nicotine also but without the fire, ashes, smell, tar, chemicals......lots of advantages.

We cruise in November and I am looking forward to NOT smoking on the cruise.....just enjoying my EGO-c.

ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the EGO-c last week....and love it. Vaping Cherry, and Cinnamin, and just started "toffee"....very yummy. AND I get my nicotine also but without the fire, ashes, smell, tar, chemicals......lots of advantages.

We cruise in November and I am looking forward to NOT smoking on the cruise.....just enjoying my EGO-c.

The wife and I also use an E-go. We also will cruise in Nov. We can't wait for the cruise. This will be our first non smoking cruise. Vape on Joie

lolol, that's awesome. I work full time in the political arena for MM, at both the state and federal level. The OP really fooled me!! It's nice to 'meet' another compassionate person on this board :)

Those little M&M's have their own lobbyist? WOW! how the times have changed. And I thought Vaping meant dressing like ElVira!

Really funny that people get bent about something that produces water vapor, it just goes to show it's not the second hand smoke... it's the "I can't do it so you can't either" crowd.

WAY TO GO!! I was skeptical at first when my DH started because gum and pretzel sticks had failed so miserably (lol). It's when he realized that he needed both the nicotine AND the oral habit (sticking the cigarette into his mouth) that he decided to try vaping. While I don't think anyone should take it up who isn't downgrading from cigarettes or another form of nicotine, I think it's a wonderful option! He smells great and kissing him is more fun :D..plus, he feels better. One of the biggest bonuses was price. Since it isn't burning down in your hand between puffs, you're only paying for what you inhale. I'm asthmatic and DH would never smoke indoors, including during a hurricane :rolleyes:. This way, he can sneak a little nic hit when he needs it.

BTW, my grandmother, who has a 2 pack a day habit, was smoking near him a couple days ago and he told me he had no idea how "bad" it smelled, lol. I think he's getting used to the smell of muffins whenever he vapes:p

OK, I'm thinking you're not on the same page here.....do you know what vaping is?

OP - I have been vaping for 3 years now....did last year on the Glory with no probs. BUT, have just heard that the rules are now the same on board which means if it's no smoking, it's no vaping. I'm not sure if it's always been that way and I was just ignorant of that fact or what. I did last year in the MDR with no probs BUT I let my tablemates know it wasn't real and everyone was fine with it. If they had been bothered by it at all, I wouldn't have done it, but they were all quite interested in how it worked lol. I'm also discreet about it as I don't want to attract attention or freak someone out - like on an airplane. Which, btw, was flying Delta last week and they made the announcement at the beginning about no smoking....yada yada yada....the flight attendant said "smoking or the use of tobacco-less products are prohibited" The first time I have EVER heard that.

I really and truly use it everywhere, most people think it's a pen. But in public I am so discreet about it, most times there is no vapor or I blow it out so quickly there's not much and it disappears almost instantly, I also cover the end so no one can see the light. I am not into attracting attention, just feeding my rather pathetic addiction. :D

Tobaccoless products is pretty vague. That could include a nicotine patch, gum, or losanges. Yikes!

Those little M&M's have their own lobbyist? WOW! how the times have changed. And I thought Vaping meant dressing like ElVira!

Really funny that people get bent about something that produces water vapor, it just goes to show it's not the second hand smoke... it's the "I can't do it so you can't either" crowd.

EXACTLY:rolleyes:

Just upgraded to the Ego-C. LOVE it, Had the first ego and had leaking issues.

Totally Wicked Menthol:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/totally-wicked-eliquid/totally-wicked-e-liquid-products.html

I've tried so many different ones and this is by FAR my favorite. Pricier than most but totally worth it IMO.

Just got my eGOc Ecig today , after being set back 115.00 for the 2 and some extra tips and liquids , I charged them up , filled the tips , and tried it out , all I have to say is WOW , so much like smoking without the smell or ashes , and you actually look like your blowing smoke , but only a vapor .

I have not cruised due to the no smoking rule , but I can say that I am looking into one as I believe this will actually work , as I like the nicotine .

Only problem is , I have 6 packs left and I refuse to throw them away , but I will sell them for 2 dollars a pack if I can at work to someone .

The juice I got with it was strawberry , spearmint and menthol , can't wait to try more flavors .

Archived