iConcierge is available

Ask4Jay

i wouldn't hold your breath. they would need to upgrade the entire computer system, wiring to every room, all TVs, their wifi system, etc to make that work. its no where close to worth it for them. it will be a new ship only app

i wouldn't hold your breath. they would need to upgrade the entire computer system, wiring to every room, all TVs, their wifi system, etc to make that work. its no where close to worth it for them. it will be a new ship only app

This is exactly what I was told (not quite as bluntly) by the HD on the Jewel back in Nov 2012 at the CC M&G. He said it would most likely only be available on the Epic and the new-builds.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if this app works on tne Dawn? Or will it work by January?

Not available on Dawn and will not be (well, not at least before the next dry dock that AFAIK has not been even scheduled yet, maybe in 2016).

Anyone know how to leave Wi-Fi on yet turn off the cellular connection on an Android phone? Considering taking my iPad since it doesn't have an active cellular contract but would prefer my Android phone.

If you want to be certain to avoid call charges or network data fees but still use wi-fi, take the SIM out. Turns it from a "Smart Phone" to a "Smart".;)

It's on the new mega ships only. Not on any of the older ships for the foreseeable future. Too expensive to retrofit the older ships.

Didn't they make Jewel iConcierge compatible already with NEXT improvements?

I just read a comment about a couple using it on the Pearl. Had that already undergone the NEXT improvements? Too bad I'll be sailing next on the Gem and the just pushed back their dry dock til god knows when. I enjoyed using it to keep in contact with the bf of the Breakaway when we split up for different activities.

It's on the new mega ships only. Not on any of the older ships for the foreseeable future. Too expensive to retrofit the older ships.

Didn't they make Jewel iConcierge compatible already with NEXT improvements?

Answering to my own question, yes they did. NCL is retrofitting older ships too, Pearl and Jewel are already iConcierge-compatible.

Source: http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

• 2 years later...