Celebrity Rome Tour Airport Drop Off (CV92)

ali-ali-oh

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can give me some more information about Celebrity’s tour of Rome with airport drop off (CV92) and would appreciate it if anyone who has done this could help?

• How long (approx.) do you get at the Basilica and Coliseum and are your tickets/guides included in the price?

• I note it mentions that guide with be with you outside and you then enter on your own, but having never been before I wondered if this was sufficient.

• It says you visit the Coliseum, but doesn’t give any more details about whether entrance tickets are included and how long you are likely to get – can anyone shed a little more light?

• Finally, what time (approx.) do you get dropped off at the airport.

I know you can’t be specific but any helps you can give, even as a guideline would be much appreciated.

We are in Rome the day before our cruise so are planning on trying to fit in as many of the other sites before we cruise, so wondered if by doing a ship’s tour to include these would be enough time at the end of our cruise to give us more time to see other things before it.

I know there are options on private tours, but they are probably out of our budget and my DH always gets twitchy about airport times and luggage etc (by doing a ship’s tour he is happier this is less of an issue).

Anyway, I have included the blurb from X’s exc summary below, and any help you can give would be REALLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance - Ali

Make the most of your last day in Italy by exploring the historic city of Rome before heading to the Leonardo da Vinci Airport. Depart from Civitavecchia and drive via autostrada through the Etruscan Countryside with wonderful views on the Tyrrenian Sea. After a 1.5-hour drive, you will arrive in Rome and meet your local guide to begin your introduction to Rome.

Pause and view the exterior of St. Peter's Basilica and listen to your guide's explanation.

Visit the historic Colosseum, acknowledged as one of the world's most celebrated buildings... At the tour's conclusion, the coach will proceed to the Leonardo da Vinci (FCO) Airport. Please note that you may arrive before the appointed check-in time. This tour is for guests booked on flights departing after 5:00pm from the Leonardo da Vinci Airport.

Note: Tour duration will vary and depends on where you depart the tour (Rome or Leonardo da Vinci Airport). Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles (3.5 hours) over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with approximately 45 steps and endure extended periods of standing.

At St. Peter's Basilica, the guide(s) will give an explanation or description while outside the venue and guests will enter the Basilica individually for a designated amount of time. A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica where short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable. In the event of Religious Cermonies held in St. Peter's Square, or crowds inside the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator or Celebrity Cruise

It will be interesting to hear from those who have done this - and you might get the answers faster on the Celebrity board.

Just from reading the description, not experience with this tour, it sounds like you are dropped off at St. Peter's and picked up again at the Colosseum and that you walk between the two (two miles in a straight line, a little more with detours to see Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, etc.).

Since they are telling you that this is only for those with flights after 5 PM, they must be dropping you off at the airport between 2 - 3 PM, which means leaving the Colosseum area between 1:30 - 2 PM, most likely (driving time from the Colosseum to the airport is about 45 minutes).

Archived