Quick Allure room advice please

We are interesting in booking a room on Allure, and need to decide between an 12th floor Boardwalk balcony (about mid-point on boardwalk) and 11th floor Central park balcony (close to the front of the central park).

Any recommendations on what the pros/cons are for these rooms? Any noise concerns (if the door is closed)?

Thanks.

My very biased opinion is the Boardwalk balcony!! Had one 3 times before and LOVED it! We like having an ocean view along with the boardwalk activities and getting to see what's happening at the Aqua Theatre! Shows, practices, movies etc.....noise not a problem for us and if slider is closed, the music from the show is muffled so nothing to complain about. We liked to keep the slider open and listen to what was going on out there. We had the end one twice and 4th in from the end. Central Park is beautiful and one of my favorite places! View off balconies are beautiful and tranquil. I have heard that the ones closer to the end by the H2O Zone can be noisy.... But it's more like a gorgeous hotel/park view. Either way you will have a fabulous time!!

:D

My very biased opinion is the Boardwalk balcony!! Had one 3 times before and LOVED it! We like having an ocean view along with the boardwalk activities and getting to see what's happening at the Aqua Theatre! Shows, practices, movies etc.....noise not a problem for us and if slider is closed, the music from the show is muffled so nothing to complain about. We liked to keep the slider open and listen to what was going on out there. We had the end one twice and 4th in from the end. Central Park is beautiful and one of my favorite places! View off balconies are beautiful and tranquil. I have heard that the ones closer to the end by the H2O Zone can be noisy.... But it's more like a gorgeous hotel/park view. Either way you will have a fabulous time!!

:D

I agree with everything above. I would always choose Boardwalk over Central Park.

If you want to see the action definitely a Boardwalk balcony. Central Park is always quiet and there isn't much really going on, but if you want it really quiet then Central Park would be the way to go.

Have had a Central Park View room and then a Boardwalk balcony room - both on Deck 9. Enjoyed being able to watch the Aqua theater shoes from the balcony. Slightly noisy with a boardwalk balcony with the door closed but it quiets down after 11 PM at night - and the noise didn't bother us as we weren't planning on sleeping until well after 11 PM anyway. Definitely really enjoyed the Boardwalk balcony on the last cruise. Got the Boardwalk balcony last time on a "guaranteed balcony" deal and doing the same thing this time - will be happy with either a Boardwalk or a Central Park balcony so we'll see what happens.

The Boardwalk Balcony room we had on Oasis was rather loud. The balcony door seal wasn't great (possibly from a lot of people trying to open it the wrong way over time, idk). It let in a lot of noise, I wouldn't do it again but it wasn't like it ruined our vacation. The people watching aspect and limited view of the sea was nice.

The Boardwalk Balcony room we had on Oasis was rather loud. The balcony door seal wasn't great (possibly from a lot of people trying to open it the wrong way over time, idk). It let in a lot of noise, I wouldn't do it again but it wasn't like it ruined our vacation. The people watching aspect and limited view of the sea was nice.

If you want to sleep in the room before 11 PM I wouldn't recommend a Boardwalk Balcony room. The noise is muffled with the door closed but still loud enough that especially if the bed is by the door (as it was in our room) I don't think I could sleep in there before 11 PM. If someone is bothered by noise I definitely wouldn't recommend a Boardwalk balcony room.

My parents were just in a Central Park balcony last week on the Oasis. The only negative comment they had was that they didn't like not being able to tell they were moving while on the balcony...unless they looked up at the sky. They said next time they would go with an oceanview balcony. The tablemates at dinner had a Boardwalk balcony and loved it. They said noise wasn't an issue.

Hope that helps.

SoccerMom

I think it's just a matter of preference. Do you like quite and serene, or would you rather watch the hustle and bustle on the boardwalk?

We had a Central Park balcony and I absolutely loved it! Central Park is a lot bigger than the Boardwalk, too. Sometimes musicians would play outside of Giovanni's, it was great to watch.

One plus to the Boardwalk would be possibly seeing the Aqua Theater shows right from your balcony, but you'll also have people ziplining all day long.

There are a few pictures of our balcony and the view in one of my albums in the signature if you're interested.

Have fun!

Can all Boardwalk balconies see the Aqua Theater and the ocean, or just the first few from the end?

MM I think they can all kind of see it, just the better view is furthest up.

This picture was taken on the top deck just above where would the Boardwalk entrance would be.

249452_759384345961_44001403_37269343_2071759_n.jpg

Archived