inside deck 6 to outside deck 3. was I right to change ??

rcdc48

we booked an inside GTY on Liberty in May and were given an aft cabin on deck 6. today I noticed that there was a price drop and the outside was the same price as the inside so I rang my TA and they contacted RCCL. we were told we could change to an outside GTY for no charge, so I took it. I now find they have given us cabin 3300 which is right next to the ice rink. is this a big mistake to go down 3 decks or is any outside better than an inside ? I would be grateful if anyone has experience of this cabin and can let me know if I should try and change again

I would be nuts in an inside cabin, so IMHO you made a good choice. Also, check if there are other cabins available inthe category you were assigned. If there is one you like better, call (or have your TA call) and ask if you can change. Sometimes they will do it even though you have a GTY.:)

you have all set my mind at rest. I will check though and see if I can get a slightly better one. i do think you are right and any outside is better than inside. Roll on May!!!!

Please do let me know what happens with regards to changing to a diff OV cabin.

I'm contemplating doing the same thing but on the Allure. I'm currently in a large interior on deck 7 and OV guarantees sprang up for I believe $20 pp more than I paid. However I'm wary of being on deck 3 on the Allure. The other OVs seem to be on decks 7-11 which would be fine with me. Anyone have thoughts on this?

We did an oceanview guarantee a couple of years ago. They assigned us a cabin that we did not care for. We checked to see what other cabins were available in the category that they assigned us. We called and asked to be moved to a different cabin (one that we preferred) and they moved us, no problem.

We did an oceanview guarantee a couple of years ago. They assigned us a cabin that we did not care for. We checked to see what other cabins were available in the category that they assigned us. We called and asked to be moved to a different cabin (one that we preferred) and they moved us, no problem.

When you are talking about switching within the category, do you mean the specific OV category eg cat F, H, or I? On my sailing they currently have OV cabins in all three categories. The difference is the location. Category H and I are the same price and Category F is $20 more than both of those. I don't want category I as that is on deck 3. So what I'm trying to tell is if you meant they let you switch to any other OV or only any other Category I (if assigned a category I room). Thanks!

Archived