"Didja"...?

hannahsmomtoo

I was really surprised to see Sushi on the Didja menu. Maybe it's just here in Los Angeles that it is SOOO commonplace, but really? Sushi?

I'd like to try some of the other things - alligator, for instance - but it sounds like they make things very spicy, and I don't care for spicy. Is it just the dipping sauce that's spicy or the whole fritter thing?

The one thing about the alligator is that there isn't any alligator in it. Maybe someday? Ask your server if there is any alligator in it.

The one thing about the alligator is that there isn't any alligator in it. Maybe someday? Ask your server if there is any alligator in it.

I seem to recall a thread in that there is a season for alligator meat and at the time I tried it was out of season.

Most scallops you eat in restaurants are actually shark meat especially when they are bigger "hunks".

What kind of restaurants do you eat at?:rolleyes:

Lower end fake scallops are usually made out of skate wings, not shark. Shark has similar consistancy to swordfish, only lighter.

Tried some of the didya stuff. But was disappointed when I saw shark on the menu :(

If it's good and fresh, shark is fantastic. We have fresh Mako and Tiger here in the simmer, great on the grill. Who knows what they use the the Didja menu item, maybe Dogfish;)

Are the Didja items the same fleetwide? I was hoping that they had something to do with the region from which the ship sailed, since many of the items on that Didja menu last summer in the Caribbean seemed specific to the New Orleans area.

The Didja menu and the Comfort menu are the same fleetwide. I've tried everything from both menu's and wasn't all that impressed with any of it. It wasn't bad in any way, just not anything too exciting on the Didja menu, and being from Oklahoma the Comfort menu is the food I grew up making and frankly I could teach them a thing or two.

I think Carnival's food is pretty good overall and would be really good if they would just season stuff as they are cooking it. I understand that when cooking for thousands they have to go with underseasoning to please most people, but adding salt at the table just makes stuff salty, adding it during the cooking process is what makes good food savory.

Most scallops you eat in restaurants are actually shark meat especially when they are bigger "hunks".

I love scallops but wouldn't even think of eating shark :eek:. I guess I did though :)

I'd like to try some of the other things - alligator, for instance - but it sounds like they make things very spicy, and I don't care for spicy. Is it just the dipping sauce that's spicy or the whole fritter thing?

The spiicier the better for me :D. I would be in my glory if they served crayfish on the ship. Yep, I am from New Orleans and I can say this, there is no food anywhere like we have here in New Orleans

I love scallops but wouldn't even think of eating shark :eek:. I guess I did though :)

The spiicier the better for me :D. I would be in my glory if they served crayfish on the ship. Yep, I am from New Orleans and I can say this, there is no food anywhere like we have here in New Orleans

OOPS! I think I messed up with my reply to this post. Second paragraph was a quote. I LOVE SPICY FOODS! :D

OOPS! I think I messed up with my reply to this post. Second paragraph was a quote. I LOVE SPICY FOODS! :D

OOPS AGAIN...............it was second paragraph of the prior post. I think I need to take a break!

Archived