Bringing wine on board

Spring1onu

We would like to do this to celebrate my birthday. I know it's a bottle per passenger (is that right?) & we pay a corkage fee. My question is can we take the wine back to our room to enjoy? We will have a glass or two @ dinner but will not finish the bottle. Can we take this back to enjoy @ our leisure? I'm sure it's a silly question but I am just curious. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would like to do this to celebrate my birthday. I know it's a bottle per passenger (is that right?) & we pay a corkage fee. My question is can we take the wine back to our room to enjoy? We will have a glass or two @ dinner but will not finish the bottle. Can we take this back to enjoy @ our leisure? I'm sure it's a silly question but I am just curious. Thanks guys!!

Hi there! You can bring on 1 bottle per adult (in your carry on luggage). You can drink it where ever you please- in your cabin, pour a glass and bring it into the MDR with you, etc (please note that glass is not allowed in certain areas such as lido deck. Instead, be sure to pour it into a plastic cup).

If you bring the bottle with you into the MDR- then you pay the corkage fee...you don't pay the fee if you plan on drinking it in your cabin.

Have a great cruise- and a happy birthday! :D

Thanks so much for answering AND providing additional info about the corkage fee - I didn't know that u dont have to pay if you're having it somewhere other than dinner. Appreciate the help and thanks for the bday mention! :-)

Just don't do what we did last trip. We forgot that it had to be in the carry-on and got it confiscated the rest of the trip. *sigh*

They did miss one of the bottles by mistake so that was the only one we had until the end of the cruise.

Something we've done is bring the wine on board, take it to the MDR and, if we don't finish it, they tag it and have it on our table the next night.

Of course, this was with a regular seating...not sure how that would work with anytime dining?

Thanks everyone for the replies! Such a super helpful group of cruisers! I will make sure we keep it in our carry-on and the biggest thing: don't forget to pack the cork remover. Surely this won't be an issue, will it?

Thanks everyone for the replies! Such a super helpful group of cruisers! I will make sure we keep it in our carry-on and the biggest thing: don't forget to pack the cork remover. Surely this won't be an issue, will it?

No issue at all. In fact, you can get a cork remover on board if you forget. ;)

Well don't I feel a little foolish! LOL! I think I am confusing bringing the cork remover on board the ship vs. takin it on a plane where it's not allowed. Sorry - one day my brain will join my body back on earth, lol :) thanks for all the helpful info - greatly appreciate it! You all have provided tons of options - THANKS!

Archived