Oasis Seafood Shack is ala carte pricing?

I've read that Seafood Shack is ala carte pricing. I remember in Dec 09, it was you pay one price and everything was included, just like in most of the other speciality restaurants. It was like $8 or $9. When did it change to ala carte and why? Just wondering because I'm going on the Oasis this Sat. and wanted to dine at the seafood shack. Thank you.

When I went in January, there was no cover charge. I am not sure if that is because so few people were eating there or not.

Anyway, I thought the food was pretty good. The shrimp were much better than you get in the main dining room as they were cooked to order.

Big complaint was that they had no iced tea to drink. But, it seemed to be very hard to find Iced tea on the Oasis compared to other ships.

It's been that way for a while now and if it's like Rita's on the Allure. There is also a three dollar cover charge per person on top of the food and drinks.

I don't believe there is any cover Gordon (like Izumi)...at least not that I remembered a couple weeks ago when I ate there....it's just all ala carte pricing....I like their twin lobster tails:)

Is there a link to the price listing anywhere?

Here's the latest menu with prices I have. We were also planning on eating there. When we found out it was a-la-carte we decided to sign-up for the Surf's Up Beach Party. It's on Wednesday at 6 PM on our up-coming cruise and is $25 per person including 3 alcohol drinks. The food is a selection from the attached menu and somewhat unlimited from what I've heard at this party.

SeafoodShackMenu.pdf

Here's the latest menu with prices I have. We were also planning on eating there. When we found out it was a-la-carte we decided to sign-up for the Surf's Up Beach Party. It's on Wednesday at 6 PM on our up-coming cruise and is $25 per person including 3 alcohol drinks. The food is a selection from the attached menu and somewhat unlimited from what I've heard at this party.

I just did the Surfs Up Party....it was terrible....I left after my first drink.

I don't believe there is any cover Gordon (like Izumi)...at least not that I remembered a couple weeks ago when I ate there....it's just all ala carte pricing....I like their twin lobster tails:)

Wonder why they have the cover charge at Rita's and not the Seafood Shack? Odd!!

Haha. Thanks I just posted a link but your pdf of the menu is great!!

I just did the Surfs Up Party....it was terrible....I left after my first drink.

Here's hoping our experience and others experiences are a lot better!

Food is subjective. We like Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack. We are hoping for similar quality or better at the Seafood Shack. Maybe we'll drink the 3 drinks right away. Then we may not care too much how the food tastes! :rolleyes:

Wonder why they have the cover charge at Rita's and not the Seafood Shack? Odd!!

Could be that Rita's appears to be much more popular than Seafood Shack....I like eating dinner at Seafood Shack....but I just thought the party was terrible....food they served and all. It's not like Rita's party......

Thanks for the menu, it's cc members like you that add quality to cc

I was going to sign up for the Seafood Shack party but there was a note that said you had to be 21, so that would exclude my sons. I definitely plan on eating there at some point on my cruise next week.

Kids can go also....there are 2 different Party packages...one includes drinks...the other doesn't....same party.

Archived