What do you do when you get onboard in the first hours?????????????

plumeria

Obviously the first thing we do when we get onboard is head for our stateroom and drop off our carry on's. Then we go to get something to eat. Walk around the ship. Call family members on the cell phone before we head out to sea.

Can anyone explain this spa guinea pig thing for me. My mom wuold probably go for it.

LishaD

P.S. We check the room, then dining and spa treatments. Then we go for drinks. We normally catch the sail away from the balcony in our room.

We get on first, already know layout of ship and where cabin is, so this last time we went directly to Spa to book prime times, checked out location of dinner table, we already pre-booked Olympic so didn't worry about that. Next time we are wearing swim suit under our boarding clothes and will grab a lounge chair and a drink by the pool and let the cruise begin. The when rooms open up, drop off carry on, get a bite to eat at buffet, and wait for drill time.

Ponymom,

If you are a Captain's Club member, any level, all you have to do is call the number on the back of your CC card and ask for a reservation. You can pick day and time and they will give you a confirmation number.

Ask which nights will be formal, informal or casual and check this info against your sailaway times. This may help you pick a date/time.

Enjoy your cruise.

FLJudi

First thing we take a "before" photo of the room, then unpack and note everything that:

We forgot

Didn't travel well

Was not provided in the cabin

Then I go back off the ship to the short term parking where our rental car is parked, drive to a nearby supermarket (on the Causeway if we're in Fort Lauderdale) to pick up whatever we need plus, perhaps, some soda or other items not available on board. Then I return the car to Hertz, ride their shuttle back to the ship and reboard.

In the meantime my wife finishes unpacking, steams out any wrinkled garments and gathers all the information she can to decide how we will spend the day.

When it's time to cast off, we always head for the top deck right near the horn with a glass of champagne or such. There's nothing more thrilling than that super deep bass BLAAAAAAAT that tells you your cruise is now under way and your fun is just beginning.

Then standing way up there and passing by the condos on the north side of the channel where many folks are waving back at us while we smell the salt sea air - total nirvana.

I'm ready to go right now.

Many of you mentioned lunch. When I called, I was told that we would board about 2:00 p.m., so I'm guessing there's no lunch opportunity for us? How is dinner handled on the first night? Is it a buffet and at anytime?

We board in SF, and we're from there. Our plan was to have lunch together before board but would rather get there earlier, board, and have lunch onboard but don't know if that is an option. Anyone know?

Seychelles: H/C is Handicapped Stateroom. I have pics of one from the MS Maasdam Oceanview/portal room). I'll take pics on the Summit when I'm there too.

I use a scooter, wheelchair and canes due to MS. since I never know what I'll need when. I use a scooter on board at night because of balance problems but use canes in the day sometimes. I travel by myself and am self-sufficent.

We board in SF, and we're from there. Our plan was to have lunch together before board but would rather get there earlier, board, and have lunch onboard but don't know if that is an option. Anyone know?

This was a thread on the boards from earlier this week. There were mixed opinions. I guess it all depends on the cruise before yours and timing. Most peole I've talked with say that they are usually there by noon and aboard by 1pm. Your cabin might not be cleaned, but you can have lunch. The docs and Celebrity will say 2pm- no exceptions. My FIL called last week.

OK, I think that's where I got confused. I think I also read something about that, but when I called X, she said 2:00 p.m. Hmm, perhaps we will get there at noon and decide. There's food at Pier 39 but don't know if FIL can walk that far. Thanks.

Archived