Best local cuisine

mirage2u

I like to stay away from the tourist traps and 'chain' resturants and get a real feel of the local way of food, life and culture. Where is the best place you have eaten here and what did you eat? Bonus points for pics!!!!

Try Nerie's. About as local as you'll get near the cruise port, just a few of blocks walk.

http://www.neries.bz/

There is a place just across the swing bridge that has counter food. White building. Menu is painted on board on the front. Never ate there.

Wet Lizard inside the cruise port is probably too tourist although it has Belizean dishes on the menu. Outside the cruise port and to your right is the Smoky Mermaid, which caters to the hotel trade in the tonier hotels around there.

Try Nerie's. About as local as you'll get near the cruise port, just a few of blocks walk.

http://www.neries.bz/

There is a place just across the swing bridge that has counter food. White building. Menu is painted on board on the front. Never ate there.

Wet Lizard inside the cruise port is probably too tourist although it has Belizean dishes on the menu. Outside the cruise port and to your right is the Smoky Mermaid, which caters to the hotel trade in the tonier hotels around there.

Thanks for repling to all my posts lol! I've been to Wet Lizard last time in Belize and it's ok but you are right, a little too touristy. Belize scares me and I'm not too sure how brave I am to go past the gates. Sounds like you've ventured out??

Archived