Photos after leaving ship

die_hard

I'm afraid you are out of luck. I checked with the photo dept. the day before we disembarked and they only had the one of us taken the night before which was formal night. As we hadn't placed orders for any others they had already been wiped off.

I believe I read that once the cruise is over the photos are no longer available due to legalities..... sorta makes sense as they can't prove your you asking about them...... mine had my whole family in them including children so I suppose it is a a privacy thing or a protection one....;)

We got our pictures on a disk, and when we asked about the chance of getting a new disk in case the one they gave us didn't work, they said they kept them for a few weeks and there was a number we could call to reorder. So it might be worth a try calling the cruise line, unless they only save the disks that were actually ordered.

I'm surprised at the issue of pictures no longer being available while still aboard. We waited until the last couple days to decide what we wanted, and every picture that was taken throughout the cruise was available to put on the disk. We had been gathering all the prints and storing them together in their photo display area, so we knew what they took and we got everything. We ordered our disk on the last full day and had it at the end of the night.

Maybe because you had already collected your prints in one place they knew you were a potential customer? Never thought to do that.

We had inquired earlier in the cruise about a disc and they just said don't wait until the last day to order because it gets very busy. We checked the TV on the last day before heading out to order and realized all our photos were gone - except for the very last formal! At least we got that one! I'm sure on previous cruises we waited until the last day to buy our photos and there was no problem?

I guess once they've made the disc it's easy to keep a back up and track. I can understand that they would wipe the others to free up space.

On a side note I was intrigued by the face recognition technology! All those random photos they snap of you throughout the cruise ending up in the right file!!

Archived