Comparisons with MSC

leswor

We have been on MSC Fantasia and Celebrity Solstice. I think Celebrity is a more premium cruise line but there is absolutely nothing wrong with MSC. Ship, food and personnel were all really great. Solstice had a better wine experience and propably more things to do.

Both were anyway good value for the money. However there were quite alot of native english speaking passengers who were upset that some things aren't included in price in MSC. But I think it was more of the passengers own fault that they hadn't examined themselves what is included and what is not.

We have been on 12 cruises, about half Celebrity. We took the MSC Splendida last year due to the ports visited. The ship is nice, but the food is absolutely awful. My wife and I agreed that we would never cruise on MSC again. If you truly like Celebrity and are satisfied with X cuisine, you will not like MSC.

Last year there was a fantastic price for a New England cruise? While debating about taking it the price more than doubled.

One of the concerns was the menu that many Americans didn't like and the other was that there were constant announcements that went on forever because they would do it in many languages.

Archived