Renting Tux

We will be on LOS on 8/4/12 7 night Med cruise. I believe there are 2 formal nights? Any idea which nights they might be. We are traveling with our four children, so we are going to have a lot of luggage and such. I've read that you can rent a tux. Does anyone know what that would cost? And how would I do it? Alternatively, what would my husband need to bring to wear? I am not worried about our 3 daughters, they will bring some dresses and sandals and be fine. But what should my 11 son wear? Can we get by with khakis and a collared shirt? Thanks for your help!

We will be on LOS on 8/4/12 7 night Med cruise. I believe there are 2 formal nights? Any idea which nights they might be. We are traveling with our four children, so we are going to have a lot of luggage and such. I've read that you can rent a tux. Does anyone know what that would cost? And how would I do it? Alternatively, what would my husband need to bring to wear? I am not worried about our 3 daughters, they will bring some dresses and sandals and be fine. But what should my 11 son wear? Can we get by with khakis and a collared shirt? Thanks for your help!

The tux rental for a 7 night cruise is 89.00 or 99.00 depending on package plus 12.00 for shoes.

http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/

GENERALLY, formal nights on a 7 night cruise are the second night and fifth or sixth night. :)

Your son will be just fine dressed like that.

It is not necessary to dress formally, no matter what any one says. It is your option to dress formally. Just a sport coat designer T or shirt and tie, will be more than sufficient not to look out of place, if that is your concern. Or, just a little nicer cloths than casual like shirt and tie wiil be OK also if you wish. It is your choice.

Like last poster no right or wrong, just what you want to do, one thing I did notice is on our Alaskian cruise a higher % of people were in very formal attire than the average warm climate cruise. Or at least that is the impression that I got from what people had posted here. It was our only cruise and did not know what to expect for sure. I suppose the biggest factors are climate and time of year????

Save the luggage hassles. If you want to really dress up, for husband, rent - why drag extra stuff through airports? For son, at most, shirt & tie with nice pants but your option works as well. I wouldn't over do it unless you want to get all dolled up for a fancy family pic.

Myself, I like to go all out, but that's just me. I am starting to get over the people that don't go as all out as I like to do - except for swamp people. Always seems to be swamp people on formal night. Tsk! :eek:

Enjoy your cruise. Have fun.

Archived