Best Dining times w/o children?

Linco711

My husband and I are sailing on the fantasy October 20. We are seniors and prefer eating early. Please don't hate me for this question, but I was wondering if the early seating is full of children? We been there and done that and as an early childhood educator would prefer a relaxing dinner experience with adults. What do you think the chances would be of that happening?

I realize there are adult only restaurants, but we can't eat there every night and we really do enjoy meeting and getting to know others when we cruise.:)

It's Disney, there wil be kids at both seatings, but my understanding is that Disney tries to put like with like.

When my DH and I were on the Dream last May, we had early dining and were at a table for 4 with one other couple. We like early dining, so we are reserving the same for our trip on the Fantasy.

When my parents sailed as a couple on the Magic, they were at a table for 6 with 4 other adults. When they sailed the Magic in the Baltic, with my 9YO neice, they were seated with another family.

My advice would be to choose the dining time you prefer. Also, early is more popular so it may be easier to switch to late if you change your mind, than to switch to early. -- Suzanne

It's Disney, there wil be kids at both seatings, but my understanding is that Disney tries to put like with like.

When my DH and I were on the Dream last May, we had early dining and were at a table for 4 with one other couple. We like early dining, so we are reserving the same for our trip on the Fantasy.

When my parents sailed as a couple on the Magic, they were at a table for 6 with 4 other adults. When they sailed the Magic in the Baltic, with my 9YO neice, they were seated with another family.

My advice would be to choose the dining time you prefer. Also, early is more popular so it may be easier to switch to late if you change your mind, than to switch to early. -- Suzanne

Thank you so much for the information. I think you're right about there being many children at both times..so we will try for early seating if possible and hope for the best. Disney does do a great job of pairing people. The last time we sailed with her it was with our daughter when she was young and we were always seated with others with children close to her age. I just love Disney. They do try to sprinkle pixie dust on everybody!:D

You will have a boatload of children at either seating but that doesn't mean you'll have them at your table. If you do get seated with children and prefer not, then you can ask to move.

I highly recommend you book dinner at Palo one evening if you really want to experience the relaxation of a quiet dinner. No kids allowed. Excellent service. Wonderful food.

You will have a boatload of children at either seating but that doesn't mean you'll have them at your table. If you do get seated with children and prefer not, then you can ask to move.

I highly recommend you book dinner at Palo one evening if you really want to experience the relaxation of a quiet dinner. No kids allowed. Excellent service. Wonderful food.

We are definitely going to try Palo's if we can get reservations:)

Technically, there are six seatings. Besides the Main and Late seatings, DCL also sorts their guests between the three rotations. For example, Lumieres/Animator's/Parrot (your restaurants may vary) may be families with little kids. A/P/L make be families with tween kids, P/L/A may be no kids or teen kids. Even if you get the early seating, chances are that there will be families with kids the same age around you.

Archived