Breakaway 678 Question

Mwright91

This is a pretty simple question, which may have already been answered before. I love the concept of the whole "678" open deck thing.

My question is how are they going to keep these places clean? On every cruise I have been on, they power wash the entire lifeboat deck at least once and even before/after...the entire deck seems to have a nice layer of "salt" on majority of the surfaces.

I am sure when building a multimillion dollar ship someone has thought of this problem and how to adjust for Alaskan cruises...I am just curious if anyone has heard about this or had similar concerns.

This is a pretty simple question, which may have already been answered before. I love the concept of the whole "678" open deck thing.

My question is how are they going to keep these places clean? On every cruise I have been on, they power wash the entire lifeboat deck at least once and even before/after...the entire deck seems to have a nice layer of "salt" on majority of the surfaces.

I am sure when building a multimillion dollar ship someone has thought of this problem and how to adjust for Alaskan cruises...I am just curious if anyone has heard about this or had similar concerns.

No difference to any other open deck eatery like the great outdoors. It's only a row of tables and chairs on the outside with the bulk inside.

Imagine it like a cafe like you find in most European cities with chairs and tables outside on the pavement. Some fixed, some will be brought indoors at night.

This is above the lifeboat deck/prom deck which tends to be more open to the elements.

As an FYI...

You may have your concepts confused. "678" refers to the three story atrium that spans decks 6, 7, and 8 (hence the name) and the venues that are connected.

The outdoor area is referred to as the "waterfront".

Archived