Jewel Bahamas Cruise Is Complete

Highboy90

Count me in as one who has experienced noro on a cruise miserable 24 hours but I was not left alone for the cruise line to care for me. I have never heard of a ship announcing a "noro alert".

I have 2 daughters ages 28 and 29, they did their fair share of traveling in their college days, they knew that no one ever gets left behind under any circumstances. A group of 4? someone should have stayed behind. Even if NCL did try to follow up what if she had passed out? Did you want them to send a babysitter? Sorry my daughters would never have left a sick friend. Excursion or not.

I was sick once as well. My friend I was travelling with got me chicken soup, ginger ale, crackers. She cleaned me up after I got sick and couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough. She took my son (he was 4) to dinner, gave him a shower, put him to bed then sat in the room with me all night.

My husband & I were on this sailing and thankfully we did not have any stomach problems. We were, however informed of the situation. There was a sign posted in the buffet on Wednesday morning that stated, due to some passengers experiencing gastro intestinal issues that they would need to take precautions. From that point on we would be handed all plates, utensils and food by the staff.

Post#5 - had been left without food and fluids for an entire day

Post#23 - and the friends did leave their friend with supplies

I am confused. :confused:

But, either way, I agree that it wouldn't hurt for the staff to follow up with passengers that have been treated for Noro. Some folks travelling alone do not have someone to check on them. I don't feel it is the cruiseline's responsibility, but it would be a nice gesture.

i hope that all of the cc people, who think that the ship has no responsibility, get to experience this type of virus, and then revisit their position.

So you completely jack someone else's thread and after you don't get the sympathy you were expecting, you wish the above (see quote above) on the people that don't agree with you. Wow I think your comment says it all.

So you completely jack someone else's thread and after you don't get the sympathy you were expecting, you wish the above (see quote above) on the people that don't agree with you. Wow I think your comment says it all.

Her comment says it all in her original post.

If it were my Kid the first thing i would have said is...... why did you leave your friend.! then explain why thats wrong so it never happens again... contacting the cruise line does nothing.! the kids blew it.

end of story.

actually, the girls had all pre-booked excursions in Nassau, which were pre-paid, before boarding the ship. refunds were not available, and the friends did leave their friend with supplies. the point is more to the ship's responsibility, and how they deal with a virus. and by the way, the girl did try to call room service, and was unable to get through. there were a lot of sick passengers by Wednesday.

I don't blame the kids for taking the excursion at all. If I were the patient I wouldn't want my friends to miss their fun to stay with me. And I also think it would be nice for the ship to check on her. What if she were a solo cruiser? I cruise solo sometimes and I'd hate to be that situation left with no food or drink for a day. Considering she tried to call room service but couldn't get through, it must have been some serious situation and the ship might not have enough resources to make cabin calls.

Moral of the story, if you are solo, make sure to alert the ship doctor or cabin steward or somebody to bring you food and drink. If you are not solo, ask your friend to set you up for the day.

I don't necessarily blame the ship but I certainly wouldn't blame the other kids.

Archived