Just faxed 'proof of cruise' to Captain'sCircle... how long?

SpeakerOfMind

Spoke to Princess about getting credit for my mother's past cruises... I faxed the documents (can't believe how much stuff she keeps) this morning. Has anyone done this before... if so, how long from the time you faxed these items and the time they appeared in your account? My mother has a cruise leaving this Saturday, and these docs will push her to Platinum.

I will be very surprised if they have the info by this Saturday. Sorry!

But you can always hope. I would also have your mother check in with the captain's circle rep when she gets aboard, she may be able to expedite things for her IF this is her 6th cruise with Princess.

But honestly, the only benefit to speak of when you reach platinum is the free internet, the rest are not that great.

The Captain's Circle program staff are notoriously slow to process anything. You might want to follow up with some phone calls nagging them about and reminding them that she's leaving on Saturday.

Thanks Toto and Cali... I figured as much because I noticed when I book a cruise myself it takes a while to show up as a 'future' cruise in my history. Never paid attention to how long it usually takes, but I think it's around a week. I'll start nagging.

Druke, she's not the squeeky wheel type, so she won't go to the CC host. She just spends so much on internet... and the older she gets the more tight money is, so... I thought I'd try to figure this out.

I had this problem last year, it wasn't taken care of by the time I checked in so I was issued a "blue card". The next morning when the captains circle desk was open I went down with my documentation and it was taken care of for me, they even printed me a new card. I didn't really care about the color of my card but that was nice of them. I logged into the Captains Circle account the other day to check my status for the Cruise I'm taking aboard the Caribbean Princess this Saturday, all is well.

So your mother may get a blue card when she checks in but they will take care of that on the ship for her. Occasionally things go fast (rare) and they may have everything taken care of for her by Saturday.

Archived