Jewel Cinema

We are sailing on the April 9 five day itinerary on the Jewel of the Seas--first time on this ship! I've seen some previous threads discuss the small cinema on the ship--can any recent passengers from the Jewel report on the current movie selections?

Also, is one film shown multiple times on each of the five days, or is there a mix of films each day?

Thanks!

The movies won't be "first run"...they will be things that you can get on "pay per view" or "on demand"....so if you want to see something you haven't seen before, hold off on going to any movies a couple months before your cruise!

We are sailing on the April 9 five day itinerary on the Jewel of the Seas--first time on this ship! I've seen some previous threads discuss the small cinema on the ship--can any recent passengers from the Jewel report on the current movie selections?

Also, is one film shown multiple times on each of the five days, or is there a mix of films each day?

Thanks!

The Cinema ran the shows a few times each day and the shows were very good. They changed shows every day too.

I did notice that if you missed the movie, it shows on your cabin tv. For instance, I was interested in a movie about African Cats, but since we boarded late, there was only one showing and I missed it, but was able to watch part of it on TV well getting ready for dinner.

I'll echo what other's have said: very small cinema, one movie/day played several times (ie. 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm) and a different movie each day. On our 5 days trip it was a good mix of genres. I did notice that our movie selection was different than what was listed in a CC posted before we left, so even if I tell you what we saw it will likely be different by the time you sail.

Sounds like the cinema would be a good break from the sun or alternative for a cloudy/rainy day. Might also work well if the evening show doesn't appeal to our 16 year old son.

Would still welcome any info on the current films showing on the Jewel!

Thanks

Sounds like the cinema would be a good break from the sun or alternative for a cloudy/rainy day. Might also work well if the evening show doesn't appeal to our 16 year old son.

Would still welcome any info on the current films showing on the Jewel!

Thanks

On our March 12-17th cruise on Jewel, the movies included:

Bad Teacher

Horrible Bosses

Transformers-Dark of the Moon

Larry Crown (Tom Hanks)

Zookeeper

We found the stadium style seating on the Jewel much better for movie watching than the cinema design on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Archived