disasters at sea (pro. channel 4)

Just finished watching this prog. and very interesting it was . It is amazing to see how quickly things happen . But who is to blame,,, some human error Cpts judgements to navigate, and the 1 with the fire which was started when some idiot threw a lit cig out to sea , and some still do it !!!!!!! weather as in high winds and even higher waves so I am very grateful that Thomsons dont have huge multi story ships. But was shocked when a captain said he can leave the ship at any time after he announces abandon ship which this did before anyone else :eek: muat say that the guitarist who was on 2 of the disaster ships was very cool and helped everyone ,just hope he has given up working at sea :D Me I still cannot wait till my next cruise .

Mrs.C :)

must say that the guitarist who was on 2 of the disaster ships was very cool and helped everyone ,just hope he has given up working at sea :D Me I still cannot wait till my next cruise .

I don't I hope hes on all my cruises ;):D and same here roll on the next cruise :cool:

must say that the guitarist who was on 2 of the disaster ships was very cool and helped everyone ,just hope he has given up working at sea :D

OH said, make sure he's not a ship before we book it. :eek:Seems like a bit of a Jonah to me:D:D

I watched this programme -frightening if you think about what can go wrong and so quickly.

Did you see the Louis Majesty awash with seawater after huge waves flooded the ship! Is that the same ship Thomson have just acquired...

Flopsy

I watched this programme -frightening if you think about what can go wrong and so quickly.

Did you see the Louis Majesty awash with seawater after huge waves flooded the ship! Is that the same ship Thomson have just acquired...

Flopsy

Yep that's the one! When it was with NCL they closed off the windows in the lounge at the front of the ship when it was bad weather to avoid any damage, but Louis didn't do this, causing problems when the huge waves came. I suspect Thomson will be closing them off.

Archived