Any recent pics of Paradise Beach?

michelle028

Interested in this beach after eading these boards....any recent visitors? planning on going there in the summer.

I have also read there are some rocks/seaweed as you enter the water....any thoughts? Are water shoes required?:confused:

Check out the pictures from my review: posts 31 & 32. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33251088#post33251088

Please note that the water toys have indeed changed since ILUVSCRUZEN took those videos. The closest slide and connecting thing to climb around on is gone. 2 other slides have been added. And the iceburg is gone. Playa Mia, down the beach a little ways, has also removed their iceburg. There was quite a bit of seaweed the day we were there. Water shoes aren't required, but I like to wear them anyway. I forgot to wear them on my way out last month, and didn't even notice.

Again, I must note that the iceberg (climbing mountain thing in the water in the pic) is not there anymore. At least it wasn't there 3 weeks ago. We were there March 23, 2012, and the iceberg had been removed. That thing has always been popular, and quite a sight, so it's removal may impact some people's decision. However, Playa Mia (where Carnival does their beach break) has also removed their iceberg. Maybe there's been some issues with those. So I would still highly recommend Paradise Beach. Just don't expect to get to climb on that iceberg.

You don't need to book anything ahead of time. Just walk through the port area to the taxi stand and take a taxi over. Make your way to your chairs of choice and someone will be over fairly quickly to sell you wristbands for the chairs and the water toys. Before you leave you can settle your bill for drinks and food. Easy, peasy!!

Make your way to your chairs of choice and someone will be over fairly quickly to sell you wristbands for the chairs and the water toys. Before you leave you can settle your bill for drinks and food. Easy, peasy!!

What was the price? Thanks

Cutting and pasting from my post from another thread:

We were at Paradise Beach last Monday. Wonderful day!! The Liberty was the only ship in port so it was not crowded at all. Confirming that we paid $12.00 for a chair and wrist band for the inflatable water toys. There is a $2 charge for chairs only. No one told us that we needed to purchase anything else (food or drinks) and we did not see any signs to that effect. Waiters were attentive, not pushy at all. We bought a few drinks and small lunch for 5. The inflatables were so much fun, the water is beautiful. The pool is gorgeous, washrooms and change areas were clean. Loved it and would go back any time. We paid $20 for a cab (minivan), plus tip, for 5 people. All the cab fares were per trip and posted at the taxi area. There are rentals available (jet skis, kayaks, stand up paddling boards) and parasailing available but we did not participate.

Definitely recommend Paradise Beach!! Lots of info on the website.

Again, I must note that the iceberg (climbing mountain thing in the water in the pic) is not there anymore. At least it wasn't there 3 weeks ago. We were there March 23, 2012, and the iceberg had been removed. That thing has always been popular, and quite a sight, so it's removal may impact some people's decision. However, Playa Mia (where Carnival does their beach break) has also removed their iceberg. Maybe there's been some issues with those. So I would still highly recommend Paradise Beach. Just don't expect to get to climb on that iceberg.

We were at Paradise Beach May 2011. The removal of iceburg could of been for safety reasons. Several times the iceburg flipped upside down.

Our grandkids 13 & 8 thought it was pretty cool. DH & I got a little worried someone might get hurt. justing saying this could be reason they got rid of iceburg.

what do I search for to find the link for Paradise Beach?

Google paradise beach cozumel. The website is paradise-beach-cozumel dot com. They have not updated their pics of the water toys. I have updated pics in my Magic review. The link is in my signature. They have a link to their restaurant menu, with prices, as well.

Free admission, $2 for a beach chair, $12 more for use of the water toys, snorkel equipment, life jackets, kayaks, that surfboard-type of thing that you stand on and row yourself. So I paid $14 total. The website does not appear to talk about requiring you to spend $10 in food/drink if you don't get the $12 wristband. It used to. So I don't know if that still applies or not, but it would be the right thing to do, all things considered. The cab ride for 1-4 people is $13 one way plus tip. $28 for 6-8 people one way.

Okay next question - this is my first exercusion - my husband is worried about the safety of the taxis going to Paradise or Nachi Cocum - do the driver's speak any english? Just want to make sure safety?

Okay next question - this is my first exercusion - my husband is worried about the safety of the taxis going to Paradise or Nachi Cocum - do the driver's speak any english? Just want to make sure safety?

Yes, in all the times I've been to Cozumel, all the people who deal with the public speak English well. Tourism (by cruise & from people flying there) is a major industry for them, and most of their tourists come from US & Canada. Cozumel is definitely one of the safest places in the Caribbean, and all the places are very easy to get to. Even if you get a cab driver who doesn't speak English great, they will definitely know what they need to. I've easily carried on conversations with cab drivers and people working at the places.

Any new pics/videos of the new water stuff? I saw there was snorkeling.. anyone try this and was it worth it? Also, is there anywhere for the kayaks to go? It looked like a tight space.

well the snorkeling, my hubby and daughter did it

and they loved it saw tons of fish,

the kayaking, theres space for it, but you have to watch out for people as you are going out ...

all of this is included in the 12$ so its sooo worth it

just remember when you snorkel, go to the other side of the dock

not the side where the water toys are but the other side,thats where all the fish are,

:)

Any new pics/videos of the new water stuff? I saw there was snorkeling.. anyone try this and was it worth it? Also, is there anywhere for the kayaks to go? It looked like a tight space.

I have pics posted in my Carnival Magic review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1603329. The Cozumel pics are in posts 31 & 32, with my Cozumel underwater snorkeling pics in posts 35 & 37. When I was there, there were tons of fish and at least a couple stingrays swarming all around the end of the pier. There is an entrance to the water out there, and it's not too deep. The fish seemed to really like it around and under the end of the pier. Both times I've been here, it was like this: crazy amounts of fish around the end of the pier, where the boats pick up people to do parasailing. I ventured away from the pier in all directions, but there wasn't much away from the pier. The fish seemed to stay around the pier. Here's a video of me chasing a stingray there:

There isn't a lot of room to kayak, but it's enough, if you are just wanting to give it a try. I had never done it before, so I was just trying it, so it was enough room for me. Out passed the pier, you have some more space.

Here are a couple pics from my review of the water toys. The 2 slides in the back are identical.

0129.jpg

0130.jpg

0131.jpg

Any parasailing at Paradise?

Yes. A couple of my pics that I posted here yesterday were taken from a pier that's obviously right at the south side of Paradise Beach. At the end of the pier is where they pick people up to go parasailing. I'm not sure where you inquire about it or sign up. But anyone working there could surely direct you to the right person. A couple people were getting off after parasailing after I was snorkeling around that pier. They told me that they loved it and paid $40 each. The price may vary though.

I'm going to offer a different opinion. We stopped at Paradise Beach last October for about an hour, since we had time to kill after touring the rest of the island. The water on the east side of the island was AMAZING. The water at Paradise Beach (same day, no rain) was murky and disgusting. There is almost no beach at all...it's just a thin strip of sand with loungers packed into it like sardines. It's not like you can "play in the sand" at this beach. All you can do is sit on a lounge chair with your elbow practically touching your neighbor.

The property is very beautiful and the pool is amazing. But I didn't travel all the way to Cozumel to swim in a pool.

Here are some photos of "Paradise"

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

As far as pure scenery goes, it has been said that the east side of the island is prettier. However, there is very little built up over there, while all the beach clubs are on the west side. The reason they did this is because the east side can be very rocky, little sand, and rougher waters. The west side beaches can get murky waters, can get seaweed, and there are times that the sand is less than other times. When it's that way at Paradise Beach, it's that way at all the west side beaches.

The 2 times I've been there, we have had seaweed, but we've had plenty of sand, and the waters have been nice (where there's no seaweed). There were a whole lot of chairs, as you can see in my pics, but there is also plenty of room to move around and plenty of sand to play in, as you can see in my pics. Those that enjoy the sand had plenty. The previous poster was just there on a bad day. Either that or I was there on 2 very good days.

The previous poster was just there on a bad day. Either that or I was there on 2 very good days.

I was not there on a bad day. I was there on a day with amazing weather. And the Paradise Beach resort is undeniably gorgeous overall for a "free" (pay-as-you-go) resort. It's just the actual beach that turns me off. And if I am going to spend a day at a beach on a tropical island, I want to be on a RELAXING beach...nothing relaxing about sitting on a chair that touches the chair next to you.

Here's my extensive review of Cozumel. Toward the end of the review are my photos of the east side of the island and my photos of Paradise Beach. You can see that the Paradise Beach resort is beautiful...just don't hold out high hopes for a beautiful beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500129

Archived